Chapter 23

Jordan's Pov

Tom grips my hand tightly as we walk to the end portal.

I know he doesn't approve of me taking off with Ianite and Andor.

Leaving him with Chrissy. But he trust me, I know he does.

We reach the portal room and I pull Tom close as possible to myslef.

"Hey I'll be back soon." I say giving him a smile.

"I'll be here." Tom says sadly. I reach up to kiss him.

He bends down and kisses me like he's never gonna see me again.

"See ya soon." I say pulling away from Tom's kiss.

"Love you." He says as Ianite, Andor, and I line up in front of the portal.

"Love you too."

Tom's Pov

Jordan and Andor jump through but Ianite seems hesitant.

"Be good to her Thomas." Ianite says then jumps through the portal.

I walk back home silently. I stop by Tucker's place but he isn't home.

Travel Time Skip

When I get home Daniel, Chrissy, and Matt are sitting on the couch.

"Hey" Chrissy says but I ignore her and go straight upstairs.

These next three days are gonna be hard. I hate being without Jordan.

Not having him by my side. Its a foreign feeling right now.

"Tom? You ok?" Chrissy asks and sits next to me on the bed.

"Go away."

"No, not until you talk to me!" I hear Ianite's voice ring out in Chrissy's slightly accented voice.

"You sound a lot like your mom."

"I know. Can I ask you a question even though I just did?"

I take a minute to think before answering. "Sure."

"Will you and Jordan still love me if I don't choose Ianite, Dianite, or Mianite? If I turn out like Wag?" I feel a piece of my heart break away as Chrissy asks the question I've dreaded for months.

"Of course. I'm sorry for the way I've been lately. I can't explain what I've seen or what's been going through my head...."

Chrissy's clearly not paying any attention, she zoned out after I said of course.

"I know why Jordan went with them." Chrissy shivers as the words leave her lips.

I do to he went to protect Ianite. Nothing more and nothing less.

"And why they wouldn't let me go."

The didn't want her to go because I'd be here alone and Jordan didn't want that.

"Andor he...I'm not sure how to explain it. Daniel and I were visiting and when we walked in to see him...." Chrissy's voice cracks. She's holding back tears.

"His eyes were dark purple! He looked right at Daniel and a chunk of glass flew right past his face! Nearly hit him! It was terrifying. Andor doesn't even know it happened." Chrissy has little streaks of tears running down her face.

"J-Jordan went because h-he wanted to observe. He wanted to observe Andor's power. Mom wouldn't tell me why it happened. She just got sad and walked away."

I hesitantly pull Chrissy in my arms. I'm not the only one affected by everything.

We sit in silence but I don't care. Silence is nice.

"I...I'm gonna go...." I nod and Chrissy runs downstairs.

I watch from my window as she runs to the barn.

Fire shoots out of the stable, Chrissy griping his mane tightly.

Wag loved to watch and observe nature when he first arrived in Mianite.

Part of me longs to see Wag again. The other half wants him to disappear.

I've still not forgave myself for calling out to him, not Jordan who never knew of the whole incident.

I feel myself start shaking uncontrollably. My heart speeds up the room starts to spin.
Chrissy's Pov

Fire runs home as fast as his legs will let him.

I know somethings wrong I can feel it. I jump off and sprint inside.

Tom's lying on the floor shaking! I can't carry him!

He begins to scream and cry out in pain. I run downstairs and dial Dec's number.

"Hello?"

"DEC PLEASE COME! ITS TOM PLEASE!" I beg and hang up the phone.

Tom's Pov

I watch as Dianite and Al slowly murder Chrissy.

Silver and gold tears run down her face, but she never cries out.

She just holds Jordan's lifeless hand and stares at me.

"LEAVE HER ALONE! PLEASE JUST TAKE ME INSTEAD!"

Chrissy's Pov

Martha, Dec, and Steve work smoothly on Tom.

He's still shaking and crying. "Chrissy." Nade says and I turn to see him frowning.

He holds his arms out, I allow myself to walk into his loving embrace.

"Its gonna be okay." He coos and kisses my forehead.

I'd never admit it, but I'm terrified.

Dec's Pov

"Thomas." I say and open one of his eyes. Steve shines a flashlight into it.

"Can you hear me? Show us a sign anything. We can help." I say calmly.

Tom's pulse has slowed down to a normal pace now. He's also stopped crying.

He's just unconscious and I'm not sure why.

Tom's running a high fever. There's tons of things that could've caused his seizure.

Panic, stress, fear. Its nearly impossible for me to find out now.

"Steve, can you call Jordan for me." I ask,

"No! Don't call Jordan." Chrissy lets her voice get really quiet.

I know she's terrified, hell I am too!

"Chrissy Jordan needs to know what's going on." Martha sighs.

"Jordan needs to focus on keeping Ianite safe. He won't do that if he knows Tom is like this. Steve can you help me....." Steve helps me lift Tom out of the floor and onto his bed.

I need to go home. My girls are probably worried sick.

Time Skip

Chrissy's Pov

Its been three hours and Tom still hasn't woken up.

Dec and the rest of them left about thirty minutes ago.

Nade is still here, sitting beside me. He's told me about his struggles with sexuality and it doesn't bother me much.

"Chrissy go get some sleep. I'll watch over him." Nade kisses my temple.

I release Tom's hand and gently place it over his chest.

Nade's Pov

I'm not sure if he can hear me but I guess its worth a shot.

"Hey Tom. Uhh I'm not sure if you can hear me or not. But I just wanna say stay strong. It'll be over soon. Me and my team WILL put an end to that old man. I promise."