Prologue

(I won't be using images of the characters for this story since there are so many of them that it would clog the story so I'll assume that all of you who are reading this have played/watched the game.)

The alarms were blaring at full volume, chaos spreading like wildfire in the facility. The agents, now forced to witness the very things they were trained to contain escaping all at once, were left with little to no hope. Left and right, the screams of employees echoed around while some were running around in a panic.

Yet, despite how hopeless the sight was to them, the agents still alive gathered their weapons and raised them for battle, to save their own lives and the ones belonging to the colleagues they've learned to work with. Letting out screams of motivation, they split into groups.

Malkuth: Everyone, we need to stop this at all cost!

Her voice piercing the cacophony, the Sephirah of the Control team took over the Manager in his duties and all radios turned on, the employees listening to her voice while struggling for their own survival. Amidst the carnage, Y/N was rushing through the hallways with his rifle equipped.

Y/N: Malkuth! What's going on?!

With no hesitation coming from the AI's side, he received his answer instantly.

Malkuth: Angela is trying to take the Seed of Light, she's releasing all the abnormalities!

At the mention of that name, his teeth gritted against each other while one of his hands pulled the bolt of the weapon in his arms, inserting a bullet in the chamber. A frigid gaze formed and he turned heels before sprinting back to the main room, neatly dodging Forsaken Murderer trying to pull a fast one on him.

Adrenaline was rapidly pumped in his blood, a drug fueling his body after surviving the ordeals that day 46 to 49 were, a well deserved reward to say the least. However, this day that should have been peaceful turned out to be one of the worst, all because of that stupid AI with long hair and an all-knowing expression.

He could perfectly picture her wide smile, observing the cacophony unfolding before her eyes. The thought was making him sick.

Y/N: Damn it!

Rushing through the horde of abnormalities and employees, he soon spotted with his eyes a familiar figure standing in his assigned department, looking for him in this chaos. It was Alter Ego, currently battling a roaming Apostle all on her own. She was wildly dashing around with her sword in hands, her black wing on her back emitting a faint light from the many eyes on it.

Aiming straight at the abomination's head, the captain of the Central Command team pressed the trigger and witnessed the bullet going through the skull of his target like it was butter. Recoiling at the sudden shot, the skeletic angel turned its gaze to meet his, only for its head to soon fall on the ground with a clean cut.

Alter Ego, swiftly twirling her sword in her hand, rushed to the man and jumped in his arms, coldly stabbing an incoming abnormality trying to attack him from behind afterwards.

Y/N: This is bad, Angela's behind all of this!

Alter Ego: ...I don't think any of us were expecting her to be a good guy.

While the both of them were protecting each other's back, they joined the employees in the war against the abominations lurking in the halls. It was an all-out assault from both sides, both trying to push the opposite team into a corner.

Relentlessly attacking each other in a desperate attempt to overcome the other, blood was shed more than once and the hallways were losing their nice colors, turning crimson with the ongoing battles. Tears spilling out from the frightened employees and sweats from the veterans, all were united to face the monsters threatening their lives.