Ch.42: Porccubus

Hava: About time, I was starting to bore myself to death while everyone had their fun~

As the librarians landed onto what at first looked like a massive field of flowers, the girl with red eyes stretched her arms and readied the one-handed weapon that belonged to the leader of Molar Office.

Her eyes shifted to the left side towards Elis, who stood behind her, her eyes locked onto a gray figure emerging from the red flowers. The top of their head was blown off, revealing the inside of it to them. A wide, permanent, smile was visible on the remains of their heads.

The pale expression on her face grew paler as her eyes looked in the horizon, seeing many, many more bodies sitting upright in the same state.

She was the only members present who reacted to this extend among the librarians. Netzach simply acknowledged their presence with a lazy gaze while Angela's assistant glanced briefly at them before preparing himself for the incoming fight.

They couldn't afford to be taken off guard.

"New people! Come closer, I'll liberate you from all your pain!"

Right on cue, the Abnormality they were looking for emerged from the massive flower field like a worm digging out from the dirt. It's large body loomed over all of them. Its appearance was like a snake's, with the exception of many thorns coming from its body. Its head looked like a massive red flower, matching the many others surrounding the group.

It excitedly approached them and leaned closer, inviting them to pet it.

However, it was met with cold glares alongside raised weapons. Noticing this, the Abnormality swiftly flew away just in time to avoid an incoming slash from a certain girl with long brown hair.

She stood at the front and revealed a wide grin that coud almost rival those of the corpses around them.

Y/N: Be careful everyone, don't let it prick you.

Following after her, the director's helper stepped close enough to be behind her back.

Netzach: Its thorns can bring unimaginable happiness, so much so that employees would die from it.

Elis: T-There's nothing happy about seeing corpses with their heads missing...

The horrified voice of the girl with long green hair ended the conversation made by her Sephirah.

They stood their grounds against the floating Abnormality, which didn't seem to mind their attitude towards its "kindness". In fact, it simply acknowledged their hostily as a form of fright.

After all, who wouldn't yearn happiness in the City? Everyone needs it and Porccubus was what the cityfolks needed.

It flew close once more, attempting to reach them with its many thorns, forcing the group to retaliate in return.

Hava led the charge with utmost confidence, leaving even Y/N to eat the dust left behind. Still, not wanting to let her go on her own, he picked up the pace and ran ahead.

As expected, the first clash was held by both the lone target and one of Netzach's assistants. She kept running towards it until she could observe their target lower itself. Once it did, she slammed her shoes against the dirt below and swung back.

The singular strike was enough to parry the incoming attack. However, it wasn't enough to discourage the Abnormality from attempting to get closer.

Porccubus followed by swinging its tail around like a whip.