Ch.19: Lulu Strikes Back

The entrance of the Library was completely silent, the air capable of crushing one's will to speak up. Inside the room, a certain ex-employee stood silently with the empty book by his side that he carried with him.

He still couldn't find a use for it but decided to keep it in case something urgent required it.

All on his own, the man blinked twice to push out his emotions and calm himself. He needed to remain welcoming, give a spark to the guests and wish them good luck. However, it was hard for him to do so knowing who was arriving.

Finally, a familiar figure appeared, followed by a group.

Y/N: Welcome bac-

His sorrowful voice was cut short by the person he tried to speak to. The end of her bat made direct contact with the side of his head and shoved him on the ground. Without even examining himself, he could already feel the burn mark where he was hit.

His attacker was Lulu, her group of friends silently standing behind her.

Lulu: Shut up, I don't need your pity.

Y/N: ...Yea, you probably don't.

His eyes looked away from the main guest as he stood back on his feet. Her allies gave him a cold glare, like they were looking at an abomination of nature.

Despite the pain remaining in his system, the librarian greeting them forced himself to smile but was promptly stopped by the girl overcome with rage.

Lulu: What's so funny?!

Y/N: ...Nothing.

His poor attempt at replacing his facade was a failure, leaving him completely exposed to the wrath of someone who had all the rights to be angry. He couldn't find the words needed to calm her down, not like she would even if he did.

The Fixer in front of him lost someone that, even though she tried to pretend wasn't, was dear to her. Her emotions were hitting him at full force along with a sense of familiarity.

Her facing him was like him confronting Angela for the death of the one he loved. He was watching a perfect reflexion of himself in her, which made his will falter.

Y/N: ...

Lulu: If you're done pretending to care then let us in, I'm taking Mars back from you!

Y/N: ...I wish you luck.

He weakly mumbled his reply just as the sound of a finger snap echoed in the room, signaling the Director's arrival. Her entrance was poorly received by grief-stricken girl, so much in fact that she received the same treatment the puppet did.

Lulu: Shut up, I don't need to hear any words from you, piece of junk!

Completely unfazed by the attack she received, the AI glanced in her assistant's direction and immediately noticed the easily visible injury on his face. Her grasp onto her own book tightened slightly.

Lulu: Once I'm done killing all of you monsters, I'm coming back to blow your head off!

"Why stop at just her head, you can also crush her limbs.", one of her friends retorted with a sadistic grin on his face.

Angela: I'm afraid this will be hard for you to do, dear guests.

Lulu: Shut up! I don't want to hear any of it!

It was obvious by now that pursuing the conversation would only make her repeat her words like a broken record. Angela sighed and gave them the signal to walk in.

Right behind her, the bruised worker gave a second farewell to the furious Fixer.

Y/N: I wish you all good luck, please be careful...