Crack of Ruina #5: Method Acting

(I just finished chapter 3 of Limbus Company so I'll be able to return to a more consistent release if possible. Sorry for the delay.

I promise the next chapter's gonna be on the actual story, Limbus took my sleep for a few days so this is the result *Ahem* Fucking Kromer post patch *Ahem*)

The silence of death loomed in the library, acting like a grim reaper dragging its heavy scythe. No motions could be heard or seen and no traces of life could be find within. It was eerily quiet, which could only meant one thing...

Deciding to refute this powerful silence that pressed against his shoulders, the faint footsteps of a certain someone all of us are familiar with at this point echoed. His breathing bounced around while his feet brought him to his destination.

He had to hurry, time was running out. He couldn't afford to waste a single second, not with what wa on the line!

Y/N: Hah... hah... hah... Damn it, I knew I should have placed my points in endurance, not charisma!

His complaint was heard by no one but himself. Indeed, with the exception of him, the Library was now nothing more than an abandoned construction made out of Light. However, this awful loneliness was not enough to make him lose his morale.

In fact, it only grew stronger knowing that a terrible fate would land upon this place if he were to fail.

Step by step, the librarian ascended the floors of the large tower resting in the center of L Corp's Nest.

With each one he took, the time remaining ticked down. Just thinking about his possible failure sent shivers down his spine. He HAD to succeed, failure was no longer an option.

Finally, after putting every ounce of strength in his body, Angela's assistant reached the top floor, Keter's. There, looking down at the City below, a singular figure stood there in complete silence.

Probably sensing his presence, the unknown person slowly turned around with a dramatic effect, enjoying the moment.

Y/N: Hah... hah... Alter Ego... Why?! Why are you doing this?!

The employee who once worked in the Security team showed a smile that was unlike what she showed to him before. Her hands were hidden behind her back and her gaze revealed a complete 180 in her usual attitude.

Alter Ego: Ah... To see a familiar face in those final moments, how peculiar.

She didn't answer his question, forcing the man to grit his teeth before raising his voice for the second time.

Y/N: You have to stop this! This isn't going to end how you planned it!

Alter Ego: Hm?

Still arboring a large smile on her face, the ex-captain of the upper layer tilted her head to the side. Then, as if hearing the best joke she had ever heard in her life, a powerful laugh shattered the deadly silence of the Library.

Shivers ran throughout the body of the lone librarian trying to reason with her.

Her eyes slowly opened once her fit of hysteria died down. A grin formed on her face and a shadow formed over her eyes. This expression reminded Angela's assistant of a certain Arbiter who was now no longer present, gone like everyone else.

He was the last one left, facing his demise.

Unfortunately, none of his words successfully reached her, it was akin to talking to a brick wall. Her attention soon returned to the grand view of the City outside. Her long hair followed along. What was once a sight that made his heart beat faster was now capable of plunging it into a dark pit.