Crack of Ruina #4: E.G.O & Breeding Test(?)

(Ok, this one got REALLY weird because I had multiple sleep deprived thoughts clashing against each other, forming some weird amalgamation. You have been warned.

...I mean, all Crack of Ruina chapters are made from thoughts that my brain make while lacking sleep but still, this one is weirder than usual. You have been warned.)

Inside the Library, within a certain room separated from the rest of this odd construction, Angela's assistant was resting on a chair that offered a nice cushion to sit on. No words echoed, only the peaceful silence. His eyes were locked onto the ceiling, calmly watching the Light above his head.

He blinked, took a deep breath and finally exhaled, emptying the content of his lungs. The noises originating from him sounded like a soft breeze passing by, complimenting the cozy air around.

It truly was the pinnacle of silence. For once, the worker could enjoy a moment of rest and silence.

...

So of course, someone has to be an asshole and interrupt his break because otherwise, what would be the point of this chapter?

Oh, speaking of an asshole-

Angela: Y/N, I need your decision on which dress I should wear for our wed- wait a second, what's this?

Y/N: Hm?

The agent tilted his head to the side, completely ignoring the first part of her sentence. At this point, he was used to it.

A frown formed on the director's face. Without any hesitation, she immediately repeated her question as a way to firmly slam it into his skull. He rolled his eyes out of annoyance and raised his right hand.

Y/N: It's a smoking pipe, got one from the Smiling Faces as a gift.

Angela: I'm not talking about that. What's this?

Not pleased by the answer she got, she raised a finger towards a second seat next to him. For a brief moment, the poor man was immobile until his head turned to follow where she was pointing.

Right by his side, a woman with long silver hair was resting in the chair beside him. A black headband was present in them, an accessory that matched rather well with the black dress she was wearing. A pair of dark high heels were barely visible under the long skirt. Her eyes were closed and a smoking pipe was also in her hands.

The assistant blinked once and faced the AI ruining his moment of peace with a shrug.

Y/N: Dunno what you're talking about, it's just a normal room.

Angela: Y/N, don't play dumb with me, I know you can see her, you looked AT her.

Y/N: Yea, because it's more interesting than staring at the clown in front of me.

The air immediately froze the moment his words pierced her. Her eyes locked into his and remained unblinking for a good 2 minutes. Not willing to be defeated by her, the man replied with his own gaze.

Calmly sitting next to them, the unknown person took a good breath in her pipe and let out a cloud of smoke in the air... more precisely in Angela's face. Now that the line of contact was broken, both sides looked back at the third party.

Y/N: Good work.

???: No problem.

The duo sitting together exchanged a fistbump in front of the machine with slightly obsessive thoughts, causing her system to go haywire. Her already cold eyes became empty upon witnessing this.