Ch.29: Molar Office

Y/N: ...Is this a common occurence?

The faint words belonging to Angela's unwilling helper reached the ears of the Grade 9 Fixer who stood next to him. A bead of sweat was visible on his face and his eyes showed signs of bad memories.

The man in a suit glanced at the assistant and averted his eyes back to what they were seeing with the power of the Library. Through the invisible window that showed the outside world, the trio could witness a group of people trapped within a malfunctioning train, leaving them to their own devices.

The warp train, the miracle technology that could transport anyone at any station in a grand total of 10 seconds, no matter the distance. When it was first mentioned, Roland saw the amnesiac in the corner of his sight widen his eyes in amazement. The ex-agent found this advancement so incredible that he had a hard time believing that it was real.

However, this bewilderment soon died out once the train broke, replacing it with a wave of disappointment. The group they were following, the Molar Office, was also surprised by this sudden error.

Soon, the surprise turned into annoyance for the trio on the outside while the disappointment from the worker changed to a slight worry as hours passed inside the vehicle... at least if he believed what the Library showed them.

Finally, after a moment of silence, the uninvited guest spoke up to calm his thoughts.

Roland: I've heard that some incidents like this happened when it first launched but I haven't heard something like this before, especially to that extend.

Y/N: ...Did something happen?

Roland: Maybe.

The duo who exchanged quiet words focused back on what was going on, fearing that Angela might turn her cold gaze towards them if she decided that they were annoying her with their commentary. Just as they did, a familiar invitation was seen in the hand of the woman named Olga.

Then, nothing, the one access they had to the world beyond the walls of the Library vanished. The director swiftly turned in her seat towards her assistants. It was clear as day that she had many questions in her head and just like always, Roland would have to answer to the best of his capabilities.

It was a tough work for the washed up worker, the fighting he had to do as well was included in the previous statement.

In an attempt to respond to both his employer and his colleague's questions, the Patron librarian of Keter's floor continued his thoughts.

Roland: A malfunction like this could be fatal to W Corp's reputation if it ever gets out to the public.

Angela: It was supposed to arrive at the destination in only 10 seconds, right?

Roland: Yep, they can get to any station in 10 seconds, no matter how far away they are. A 30-second delay would be a big enough issue already, a 30 hour delay would be fatal to W Corp's trust.

Y/N: ...I mean, it's understandable, no one would take this if they knew they could end up stuck for more than an entire day.

The exhausted worker nodded along, letting out his own thoughts. His own experience "trapped" in one location was much longer than a mere 30 hours. However, unlike them, they still had a place to eat, rest and ways to waste time, something the passengers did not have.

The captain sent his silent prayers towards the remaining passengers and focused on the conversation occuring next to him.

Angela: ...Anyway, I might be able to have an unexpected reunion soon enough.