Ch.20: Floor of Literature.

I don't remember when or where exactly my focus wavered. I can't tell if the cause was mine or the events leading up to it but I only know one thing: a terrible nightmare followed.

The first thing my mind recognized was a pair of beady eyes staring directly into mine. A drop of sweat formed on my face as the second realization made itself known: I couldn't move. Not a single muscle followed my demands, leaving completely stuck in place.

Seconds passed and my vision slowly came back to me, allowing me to observe the walls that I could see in my vision. Without a moment of hesitation, I could tell that they belonged to... well, L. Corp.

Y/N: ...

My mind unconsciously tried to close my hands and turn them into fists but was only met with a lack of reaction coming from my body.

The sensation of the rough surface of a wooden chair was right below me but I couldn't look down to confirm if it was the truth or simply my mind going delirious. Instead, my gaze was focused on the eyes looking back at me.

Yes, an unrelenting stare that locked me into it. On the other side of the containment room, looking back at me, was a second chair facing my way. Resting in the seat, a doll around my height was watching me in silence. The ominous item wore a dark dress that covered its legs and reached its shoulders, the maker of this piece of clothing was generous enough to give it sleeves to hide its arms. Said limbs were resting on the armrests of the seat it was sitting on.

I was unable to look away from the thing in the room with me. My body was glued in place, forcing me in this state. When was the last time I blinked? I couldn't remember, which only made my brain panic.

The being locked in the room used to contain Abnormalities observed me, lacking any sign of life or sentience. At this point, I was beginning to think that it was a simple object.

Right behind me, from the other side of the room, muffled screams of fright echoed while a familiar alarm rang: the Second Trumpet. I desperately tried to leave my spot to go see what was going on but nothing worked. I was firmly held against my will, forced to look at the thing facing me.

The long golden hair belonging to the strange doll easily reached the floor, serving as an odd "carpet" for its dark shoes to rest on.

Once more, even though I could easily predict the result, I tried to get up. Of course, the outcome didn't change. The yells echoed and grew chaotic in the background, causing shivers to go through my entire body.

I could hardly breathe at this point, the pressure was getting to me. The dead eyes looking into my own was creeping me out.

...

Finally accepting my situation, I took a deep breath to the best of my capabilities and tried to remain calm. Minutes passed but no signs of improvement could be heard from outside the containment room. The panic on the other side only grew stronger until the limit reached, creating a chaotic mess.

All it took for hell to be unleashed was the sound of bells ringing throughout the entire facility.

Thou shall be saved from damnation.

Y/N: ...

I couldn't even blink to express my emotions.

I was simply left to rot in this cell until I reached the moment of my demise. I was not asked to get out. Yes, the reason I couldn't escape was simple, the Manager hasn't given me the order to leave. Here, I sit on my own, incapable of doing anything until I was demanded to move.