Ch.25: Fragment of the Universe & A Spark

As the librarians took their first steps inside a world beyond their comprehension, many feelings were expressed alongside their thoughts. Of course, with so many of them, a good part was bound to match, with notable ones being:

"What is this place?"

"Just standing here is giving me a headache."

"Let's deal with this as quick as possible."

Around them, a reality that worked and looked completely different to the one they were used to revealed itself. Both librarians saw with their own eyes a realm that seemed to extend in all directions for all eternity.

...Or it looked to be the case. Angela's assistant knew that this enclosed space had its "limits", no matter how big it appeared.

The duo consisting of the Patron librarian assigned to the Floor of Art, Netzach & said helper silently acknowledged the floor they were standing on. Around them, as far as the eyes could see, the depth of space was offered for view... if it was viewed through the doodles belonging to a child.

To further prove this point, the dark void surrounding them was filled with bright and childish hearts, acting as the sole light source in this place.

Finally, the mastermind, the creator of said environment stood a few meters away. Their target stood silently, not appreciating their intrusion.

Netzach: ...These distant echoes, I still can't forget the ringing.

Y/N: Hearing its cries was enough to send my coworkers into a panic, though I don't blame them.

The mere sight of the Abnormality standing before them was enough to send shivers through the exhausted worker's body, remembering the screams of his fellow colleagues as they were forced to hear the song produced by it.

Just thinking about all of it made his heart beat faster.

However, despite that, they both had a reason to be here: suppress the Fragment of the Universe and rescue the trapped employee bound to this book.

A deep sigh was exchanged for different reasons between the ones assisting the growth of the Library. Once their feelings were tossed aside, they brandished their weapons in unison. The one assigned to no specific floor held his standard blade while his ally was carrying the massive sword that the boy named Mars held.

Afterwards, both sides charged at each other.

Upon entering the clashing range of the Abnormality of low rank, Y/N opened the act with an upward swing that pushed both sides away. The dark tentacle aimed at the ex-agent was met by the steel of his tool, creating an artificial light in this bleak world.

A gleam showed in his gaze and soon after, the tired puppet continued his attack with a stab directly inside Fragment of the Universe's body before forcefully pulling his blade out.

To the surprise of no one present, the gash left behind by his piercing strike caused no apparent bleeding at first. Both Netzach and his temporary assistant were not expecting much from this.

Unfortunately, this seemingly benign wound was enough to make the Abnormality they were tasked to suppress double down on the aggressiveness, which was quickly demonstrated by impaling the man with green hair.

The attacked Sephirah soon dropped on the "ground" but was not ignored by the creature belonging to a distant place in the endless void of space. In fact, the reward obtained for suffering the first injury on the side of the Library was a second one that firmly pinned him on the floor.