Ch.44: Kurokumo Clan

Y/N: ...

The director's assistant couldn't help but be left speechless for what felt like at least a few minutes. He quietly observed the trio standing before him while making sure to maintain some distance.

Said trio were busily talking to each other, ignoring his presence for a while. The ex-captain immediately noticed that the lone girl within the group was practically fuming as her allies tried their best to calm her down.

From what he remembered of the invitation's process, their names were Sayo, Yang and Gin. Following behind them, their subordinates were completely silent. They were the first ones to notice his presence, causing one of them to sneakily walk past their superiors and make their way towards him.

"Listen, we're not here because we want to. Can you make this quick, we don't have time to waste."

Y/N: Yea...

His voice trailed off as both the Kurokumo member and him glanced at Sayo, who was still letting out her anger after the horrible beatdown they received. The duo shared a similar expression before the librarian raised a hand urging him inside.

As optimistic as he was, even he knew that getting involved would only result in him getting his head removed from his body. So, with maintained secrecy, the Kurokumo underlings made their way inside the Library.

As they walked by him, the former employee barely heard one of them mumble a soft "We're not gonna hear the end of it once we go back." to his colleagues.

This was a situation that he never thought would occur when they first got a look at their upcoming guests. After all, none of this would have happened if it weren't for a certain someone.

...

Yang: Oh, give me a break... Nest life must be too engraved in your heads to get where you stand right now. I thought maybe we could expect better from the household with the highest income around here.

The voice of the man seen through the window they used to look at their upcoming victims made the ex-captain lean into his seat, silently watching them extort Nest citizens living in the remains of L Corp.

Beside him, Roland did the same with an uncaring look, which was shared by Angela's.

What followed was something that the director's assistant wished he could have missed. The Nest residents were forced on the ground, surrounded by the members of the Kurokumo clan.

Then, Gin took a step closer and, with the approval of the woman named Sayo, cut off one of their arms each. Right behind him, Yang flashed the already wounded duo a grin before plucking out one of their eyes.

As much as he wanted to show horror... or even simply shock, his mind immediately brought back memories of the facility he was trapped in alongside their past guests. The Abnormalities did worse than that, this was tame compared to them.

An audible sigh escaped his mouth just in time to see the Kurokumo clan raise the Nest citizens by their clothes and tossing them in a corner, letting them deal with their bleeding injuries.

Standing behind her underlings, Sayo only allowed them to see the haughty smile she held this entire conversation, complety clean unlike the other members present.

Sayo: Please leave this house by tomorrow. Gin, confiscate the apartment deed from these people, will you?

Yang: You'll be visited by much less pleasant fellows next time, so you'd better move out as soon as possible~