Ch.8: Yun, the Man Himself

Y/N: I'm here. I've also brought her with me.

The moment he stepped inside, the librarian made his presence known to both the Fixer and the machine in the large room. The air froze and everyone remained still, silently staring at each other. Roland showed some slight interest and Angela, like always, revealed a sharp glare aimed at the new librarian.

The reason? Probably the way Y/N was holding Morgan, the new addition to the Library. She was perfectly held in his arms like a bride on their special day, her long hair dragged behind her like an elegant robe. It would be a rather cute sight but sadly, the emotionless expression of the "bride" immediately killed the mood.

Morgan: I'm sorry.

Y/N: It's fine, better than watching you trip for the fifth time.

Roland: I'm surprised it's only the fifth with how long they are.

Now that the both of them were at their destination, Y/N slowly lowered her so that she could stand up on her own. Wearing the black and white outfit of Keter's floor, the girl adjusted her hair covering her face and faced the duo that she had yet to introduce herself to.

Morgan: ...I'm Morgan, nice to meet you.

Roland: The pleasure's mine~

The man, as expected, was the first one to reply with a polite greeting. He calmly made his way over and extended his hand to her, giving her a smile. Almost taken aback by the offer, she hesitantly took it, her sleepy eyes looking even more dead than they were before when she did so.

Y/N: The woman behind is Angela, don't expect her to greet you.

Angela: I would like if you could refrain from making assumptions.

Y/N: It's not assumptions if it's the truth.

Although his words spat the usual venom he would throw at her in situations like this one, his facial expression told a completely different story. It was so visible that the one receiving said face understood immediately. He was pushing her in the right direction, silently telling her "prove me that I'm wrong".

Angela: I am Angela, director of this Library you're in.

She slowly approached the long haired assistant on Keter's floor and revealed a patient smile, which caused Y/N to let out a sigh of relief.

Morgan: ...

What followed was a long and oppressive silence coming from the recently awakened helper. Morgan was completely still, facing her new superior with a solemn attitude before a single line escaped her mouth.

Morgan: No point getting friendly with me, I'll fail like always.

Y/N: Morgan?

She ignored the man calling her and sat down in a nearby seat, staring at the floor below her feet. She expressed no anger, no grief, she was as cold as the moment she opened her eyes for the first time.

Deciding to not let that slide, Y/N swiftly made his way to her side, trying to converse with her, only to be met with a failure. Just as he did so, something caught the attention of both Angela and Roland: a familiar window tearing through space forming. It was a sign that new guests would soon arrive.

On the other side, a face that both the machine and the Grade 9 Fixer recognized appeared alongside a new person, a shorter girl carrying a sword around her size and quite possibly even taller. The smoker let out a sigh or irritation.

This was the man himself, the one in charge of the Office Finn desperately fought for, Yun.

Yun: Finn has failed as expected. He wasn't going to last too long, anyway. He was just mediocre, he should have gotten a decent modification surgery, or had enough talent to make up for his lack of experience.