16. The secret.

Now that we no longer had debts to pay, I felt more free. I had less work to do because I no longer forced myself to do so many drawings, I only did it because I felt like it and not out of duty. I was able to take a break from that hobby.

So the week had passed faster than I thought because Ian and I saw each other each and every single day after my work until Friday and it wasn't just for sex and nothing else.

On Tuesday we had lunch together and yes, we did end up in the back of his car. Luckily the windows were tinted black, because we were in the parking lot of the mall where anyone could see us.

Later that day, he picked me up at my work at night and we went to a Chinese restaurant to order takeout. Then we went to his office and had dinner there while we talked and told each other anecdotes.

He taught me to use chopsticks because I had never eaten with that before and we laughed a lot because my food fell out all the time, although in the end I was able to eat dinner because, every time I took a good bite, he "rewarded" me with kisses.

On Wednesday it was my turn to take him out to another place and I chose a humble cafeteria near the neighborhood, but not this one since, as I had already mentioned the other time, we could not show ourselves publicly in certain known areas.

I told him that my friends and I had discovered that cafe by chance one day while we were walking in summer when leaving the beach, we had liked the views from the terrace and we came frequently.

Ian loved it a lot more than I thought because he looked like a little kid in a brand new park, looking excited, although he told me that this was due to the fact that I was showing and teaching him things from another perspective that he had never seen, that I was welcoming him into my world.

Also, while we were walking through a lonely cove, he told me to come another day to try more food that we did not order this time.

I didn't tell him that I had never taken Blake to that cafeteria or to any of my trusted places because he didn't like these "so poor" places, since he always told me that they were not of sufficient quality and he was always criticizing them; everything, any detail, even the minimum.

Thursday arrived and, leaving the door of the photography studio, a message rang on my phone. I looked at it even though I knew it was Ian, who was already waiting for me in the parking lot.

Today it was his turn to choose a place to go out and then he would bring me back to take the motorbike, as we had done previously.

But, unfortunately, that couldn't happen like that.

"Kay, can you take me home, please?" Abby asked before I could leave.

"What about your car?" I was surprised she didn't have it because it was "her baby" as she used to call it.

"It was making weird noises and Dan told me to take it to the mechanic. I'll have it tomorrow." I nodded slowly as I watched her close the store.

So I texted Ian about the handicap that had just happened. He told me that everything was okay, that he would go home and then I'd let him know if we could go out later. It seemed like a good idea and that's what we did.

I went down to the parking lot with Abby next to me. Evan and Carl came over when we were on the escalators and we were talking about things that happened to us that day, about a new series or some TV show that they recently hooked on.

When we got to my motorbike, I gave Abby a helmet, put the other on, and we said goodbye to my brother and brother-in-law. I headed to the neighborhood and, although it usually took me about an hour, we got there in half the time. I didn't want to keep Ian waiting because it was almost 8pm.