19: The best friend.

The next day, Saturday, I texted Abby as soon as I woke up. She would still be sleeping because she was not a person who got up early if it wasn't for work and on weekends we didn't open the studio, since she used to be out of the neighborhood to go to the farm with her grandparents.

I couldn't remember if this weekend would be one of those.

Anyway, I stayed in bed a little longer than normal as I looked at the ceiling and thought about what had happened last night. Not only what had happened at dinner and what Ian and I had done in the bathroom, but also on the way home and the comments I had to listen to in the car.

They had not been commented with double meaning, much less throwing hints, rather it had been the opposite where my father and my brothers had been more than delighted by everything, both for the food and for the treatment received, which made me feel even more miserable.

Brian hadn't looked very happy and we talked about it when we got home.

I had not been able to sleep because of my nerves and everything I had felt during the night, so I had gotten up and stayed in the living room watching TV.

I was literally just watching it because it had no sound on so as not to disturb my family or neighbors as the walls of the building were paper thin and there used to be a lot of noise complaints.

When I was sitting on the couch eating from a bag of snacks, Ian had texted me and we were talking on the phone, because he was telling me what happened after we left and he summed it up in one word: nothing.

Blake said or did absolutely nothing, not a comment, not a look, not a gesture, not even a sigh or a whisper to himself; anything. He told me that as soon as we left, he went up to his room and hadn't heard from him since.

On the other hand, he told me that Eleanor had scolded him in a very strict way for what he had done to me under the table and that she suspected what had happened later, when I had to go to the bathroom and he, coincidentally, had a call from 'his secretary'.

But Ian also told me that it had all been between whispers and murmurs so as not to deal with Blake.

When we both said goodbye to go to sleep, Brian had showed up in the living room, also unable to sleep, and had sat down next to me on the couch, so I stayed a little more by his side so as not to seem like I was leaving so as not to be there with him or that I was avoiding him.

He didn't tell me anything about Ian, more about Blake, and that he hadn't liked, at all, the way he'd been looking at me all night. I told him that he still was upset by the discussion we had in the afternoon and that he shouldn't care about it, since I didn't myself.

My brother wasn't convinced at all, but he decided that it was best to let it be.

Right now, the sound of my cell phone rang and I answered it coming out of the trance in which I had been remembering last night.

"Hello?" I answered still with a sleepy voice.

"My mother wants you to come home for lunch today." Blake spoke and I sat on the bed.

"Ahm..." I hesitated. "Of course. Yeah... Yeah, I'll be there." I confirm.

"Are you going out with Abby?" He sounded different than yesterday. He sounded a bit sadder.

"Yes. I'm waiting for her to text me to go to her house." He made an affirming sound.

"Okay..." It sounded like he had blown his nose.

"Is something wrong, Blake?" He was silent at my concern.

"No." His voice sounded cracked, tearful. He cleared his throat. "No nothing's wrong." Before I could speak to him, he continued. "I'm going to run some errands, we'll talk later." I agreed.