27. The plan.

When the alarm went off on Ian's phone it was still early morning and he had barely slept a few hours, but he still sat up in bed turning it off and looked up blatantly, only to realize that the light from the camera was off.

He sighed deeply of relief standing up completely, clenched his fist and held back a gesture of triumph, but he knew that this was momentary, that he had won just one of the battles of the war he was waging against his son.

He went to Kay's room thinking that he was not going to call or text her as he had originally thought.

Why would he do it if no one was watching or spying on them right now?

She was still sleeping, not surprisingly at this time of the night, but he crawled into her bed anyway.

He woke her up with a few soft kisses spread over her face and neck, with a few pampering and gentle caresses on her body while he told her that this part of the plan had worked, that no one was watching or listening.

There was no sex that night, but they didn't want to either. They just wanted to sleep together; be tender, romantic, sweet. To be in love. They wanted to love each other as if the rest of the world didn't exist, as if it were just the two of them.

Besides, they had enough in that lake in the afternoon and Kay was still quite hurt in her lower back.

In the morning, around ten o'clock, they woke up together, just as they had thought would happen before coming on vacation.

They took their time to love each other, to kiss for a few more minutes that seemed not to want to advance on the clock, but another alarm on Ian's phone interrupted their moment.

Time to get up.

They both left the room. Ian grabbed Kay around her waist, gently leaned her against the hallway wall, and kissed her again.

She let herself go and reciprocated by holding onto him, his neck, his shoulders, his shirt, pulling him closer until there was no space between their bodies.

They playfully bit each other’s lips with soft laughters, tickled each other and caressed each other on the outside and inside of their clothing.

Their two wide-open grins stuck together when they stopped kissing to just smile, as if they were two teenagers in love for the first time.

They finished walking down the stairs slowly to go to have breakfast holding hands. Kay decided that she would be the one preparing it, since these days it had been Ian, but they had no electricity and no appliances were working, so she couldn't do much: a bowl of freshly cut fruit.

"What are we gonna do now, baby?" She asked with some tremor in her voice in front of the kitchen counter. He sighed deeply.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn on the power again. We can't take any longer or Blake might suspect that I was the one who did it on purpose and it will be worse.” He spoke, hugging her from behind.

"Can't we wait a little bit more?" She turned around. "At least until breakfast is finished? Mmm? Please? Pretty please?” She begged him with a tender face approaching his mouth. He smiled.

"If you ask me that way, my beautiful, I cannot refuse." Both of them giggled in a whisper.

They went to the couch with the bowl and two glasses of orange juice. Kay, with great care for her back, sat on Ian's lap, straddling, and they both ate breakfast by giving the fruit in each other's mouth, with more kisses, light bites, games, comments and complicit laughters.

When they finished their breakfast, they knew their time had also come to an end, so as she went to wash the glasses and the bowl in the kitchen sink, he went to the main door to turn on the power again.