25: The lake.

After the meeting, Kay was in the room changing her clothes for something more appropriate to go out since Ian was going to take her on a field trip, but he didn't tell her exactly if he had a specific place in mind. He only told her that they were going to walk for a few hours.

They had planned to do this since they found out they were going to be in the cabin for a week on vacation, with or without cameras, but now it was almost an obligation to go out so they could have some time alone.

She knew perfectly well what was going to happen just when they had one foot outside of that place, so she put on a skirt, but with shorts underneath that looked like bike leggings that weren't visible at all, plain tank top and a large coat, one of those with fake fur around the hoodie, for the cold. Also some short boots.

She made a high ponytail and slung her photography backpack over her shoulder as she closed the door and went downstairs to meet Ian, who was packing another backpack bigger than hers, but with food, drinks, blankets and a few more things that could be of use to them later on.

He hadn't changed his clothes yet because he had his clothes in the room where she was staying, so he had to wait until Katie had finished getting ready. He already didn't care at all if Blake found out that he had a different room than Eleanor.

Seeing Katie appear, he went upstairs with a flirtatious wink at her as she walked down, returning the gesture with a mischievous smile as they passed each other.

Ian had thought so many things that he was going to do to her that he was going crazy, especially after seeing the way she had been dressed, the way she had been provoking him all morning and without forgetting that daring video that she sent to him, but he had not yet been able to see or enjoy it.

He had to keep cool until they were a few miles from the cabin to be on the safe side, although he knew very well that Blake didn't have cameras on the outside of it because they had been on the fences before, but the latter were controlled by him or Eleanor.

Also, he thought his stepson couldn't put them in the trees, the paths or on the trails because there was no electricity to connect them so, ironically and contrary to the movies, the forest was where they would be safe.

Minutes later, they both were already walking out the back door of the house when Ian set the alarm again and realized one thing he hadn't thought of until now.

Kay also realized from his look that something very important had crossed his mind, but she followed him closely until they passed the back garden door, they got quite a distance from the cabin and it was safe to speak normally.

Still, before she could even have the chance to ask him what had crossed his mind, it was Ian who, without thinking twice, grabbed her by the neck and pulled her close to his face with a single, swift movement so he could kiss her as he wanted; with need, with urgency, with despair.

Kay reciprocated. Of course she did. She kissed him and tasted his lips as if she hadn't done it in years even though it had only been a day or two, but there they both knew how much they wanted and needed each other.

"God, I was going crazy... Having you alone and not being able to even look at you the way I want is bloody torture." Ian pressed his forehead to Kay's.

"Do you think it would be okay to ignore the cameras and let Blake know what's going on between us at once? And we pretend that we don't know those are there, 'cause we're not supposed to know." They both fell silent and began to walk towards a path.

"It's not a bad idea. Maybe we should be more free, not be so self conscious, but without going overboard. Let him know that there is something without being too direct, but let me think about it..." He spoke somewhat doubtfully. "I realized something when I set the alarm and I'm thinking about a lot of things right now." She nodded, remembering the expression he had put on.