Chapter 7 -TRUTH-

SILAN POV

I tossed my head in every direction trying to gather any knowledge on where I was. It was a shadowy, dark, and somber place. Sweat beaded my forehead as I made my way through the small crack in the cave I was trapped in.

"You are not where you are supposed to be misthios." I didn't turn my head around to identify the voice because it was instantly recognisable. "Pleistarchus, brother... at least act like we are related." I said keeping my head locked on the salty poisonous river by my feet.

"We are only half related. I guess you are gaining some of your power back if you can transport to the underworld, what are you here for?" Pleistarchus asked, his tone anything but sincere, "where is she?" I said finally turning around to face him.

He had the frown he always wore, his face wrinkly as always but the battle scars on his face were completely healed. "You are not that powerful as to cross the styx yet so you can not see her but I'll spare you some vital information you should know..." Pleistarchus said leaning closer to me as if to see if I was intrigued or not.

"Fine but say it in a fun way, your stories always bore me," I said rolling my eyes and crossing my arms, even from a child Pleistarchus always told his stories in ominous dark ways and never getting to the point.

"Kassandra is no longer yours, she has found another." Pleistarchus said abruptly, so I guess he found better ways to tell his stories.

It finally hit me what he said. My breath hitched in my throat blocking anything from entering or escaping. I felt as though my ribs were crushing into my heart and piercing it repeatedly with every breath I took. She couldn't have found another, we were meant to be. We loved each other, I love her.

"Who?" I said trying to hold my head up high but the pain coursing through my body restricted me, "no one of significance...no one special...no one important. You were replaced by a tedious, dull civilian, you a spartan warrior who has harnessed the power of the gods, was replaced." Pleistarchus laughed to himself hysterically at the end of his dig at me.

One thing known about Pleistarchus, as annoying as he was, he would never lie. That's why what he was saying hurt so much. Why does it hurt so much? I hate her, how can she do this to me? I can't hate her, that's not fair, it's been 2000 years for her.

All these thoughts and doubts rushing through my brain, my palms were sweaty, its like I could feel the tiny glands in my fingers make my hands feel like they were covered in blood, and I wish they were, I wish I had the satisfaction of killing whatever she chose over me.

I dropped to my knees, my hand over my heart as if to stop it from escaping my chest. Water dripping down my face, whether that's from the condensation of the cave or my tears, I don't know. how can it hurt so much.

I knew I wouldn't be able to stay in here long, I could already feel the small amount of power I had being drained from me with every sob I let out. "this is too depressing to watch, pull yourself together, she was one girl who yes you fell in love with but only because you didn't actually know what love was, fix yourself, you're a spartan, act like it." Pleistarchus groaned pulling me up of the rocky ground which cut my knees.

"I lost my love, i'm sure you remember. You were the one to slap me and tell me to pull myself together, I couldn't, and I ended up here the next day. I know heartbreak, I know love, I know loss, what you had with Kassandra may have felt like love but it wasn't, as tough as it is to hear, you both wanted love so bad you desperately tried to find it in each other. When you go back and clear your head you'll see I was right." Pleistarchus said raising his head and before I could let my rage out on his words he was gone.