Chapter 9 -TESTS-

SILAN POV

I woke up already feeling sourness run through my body. I'm the furthest away from Wanda. I was hoping to be placed near her so if she has a nightmare I can be there or if she wants a midnight snack I can get it for her.

All these feelings I didn't have with Kassandra, with Kassandra I was only excited about seeing her and sneaking around to the back of the temple and kissing her, but with Wanda I wanted to hear her cute little giggle and see her small nose scrunch up when she smiled.

I grabbed a shirt Steve gave me and jogging bottoms Clint gave me. Both clothes extremely baggy but they would suffice and they were more durable than the clothes I woke up from the tomb in.

I slowly walked into the training room, the whole time my mind focusing on a certain Brunette.

As I entered the training room everyone turned to me as if expecting me to give them orders.

"Shied man, you-me, one on one, only defence is our shields." I said grabbing the aegis.

"Yes m'am." Steve said up tightly. I rolled my shoulders loosening the tension.

Steve ran at me, throwing a kick to my face which I blocked with the aegis and pushed him back.

He fell onto the floor but kicked his legs up and was standing upright in the matter of seconds. Good.

This time he crouched slightly, waiting for me to make the first move. I threw my shield at his watching as it connected with his shield causing his to dent slightly.

I slid on the ground kicking his shins and grabbing the aegis which had fallen on the ground and ramming it to his throat.

I watched as he choked a little and tried to regain his breath. I waited 10 seconds before I helped him up showing that the one on one was over.

"What is that shield, it dented vibrainium." Tony said scanning my shield which I clutched tighter in my grip.

"The aegis." I said while picking up the throwing knives. "The aegis as in the one with medusas head." Wanda asked making my head perk up in her direction.

"You've been doing research." I said nodding my head. "Damn Medusa was one crazy lady, killing all those men turning people into stone." Clint said jokingly.

I was in shock at how he spoke about her, "why would she even want to turn people into stone?" Steve asked shaking his head in disapproval.

"I'm sor-sorry, I feel like there's a misunderstanding, are we talking about the same Medusa?" I asked the avengers stopping their laughing and jokes about Medusa.

"The one with snakes for hair?" I asked to clarify and they all nodded. "I'm guessing over time her story changed." I said not believing that if they knew the story of Medusa they would speak this way.

"Well there isn't a story on her, it's just that she was a gorgan and killed people." Wanda said confusion in her tone.

"No that story is wrong, she was raped by Poseidon at the temple of Athena where she was a priestess, and Athena blessed Medusa with the power to turn any man who looked at Medusa without medusas consent to stone." I said clarifying it for them all.

They all raised their eyebrows in realisation and backed off slightly, "oh my bad. I didn't know it was like that." Clint said and I just nodded, "I get it, most of your concept of mythology on my culture is wrong." I said throwing the knives straight at the targets.

"Like what?" Tony asked, "if I told you, where's the fun in that." I scoffed grabbing wanda's hand and pulling her to the training mat.

I wanted to train with Wanda but also as creepy as it sounds I just wanted to be near her. I moved her to the table of weapons in the middle of the room.