Chapter 8 -CLOSE-

SILAN POV

I was currently lying down on the couch smashing my hand into the remote. Why wouldn't the television do what I want it to.
"You smash it any harder it'll break." Wanda said her hair dripping wet from the shower.

I had stayed up all night on the couch thinking about Kassandra, I know I'm supposed to feel heart broken, and I did, but part of me is glad, when I woke up from the tomb even though it's only been like two days I'm someone else.

I used to cherish Kassandra but now when I think of her I feel...nothing. It makes me think I never actually loved her. I don't necessarily miss her, I missed the fact that I had control and knew what was actually going on in my life.

I like my old life because I actually had family and control and power. In Greece everyone knew the respect I deserved, they all moved out the way when I walked, they all whispered my names in their sacrifices, when I walked through the city yesterday it was all changed.

It's not just about me, it's about Sparta. No one mentions Sparta, the stories about Sparta are not told everyday to children like they were when I was around. Too much has changed and I'm not sure if I can keep up.

"Hey you ok?" Wanda asked breaking me out of my trance. "Yeah just figuring out why this remote isn't cooperating with the black box that projects images." I said hitting the remote more.

"Why don't you just use Friday?" Wanda said gently grabbing the remote from my hands and putting it down on the coffee table. I just furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, what's Friday?

"Oh...friday introduce yourself." Wanda said into the air, I waited for someone to appear but a loud woman with a funny accent "my name is friday I am a-" I cut off the loud lady who spoke with no body by kicking my spear up and swiftly throwing it the direction her voice came from,

"I believe your intentions hostile." She said again, I spun on my feet, but Wanda shot up grabbing my hands. "It's ok, she helps us. She's like a really smart person who can help you use all electronics and can help you with anything." Wanda said rubbing slight circles on my palms.

It was unusually calming, the feeling of her soft hands on mine was extremely distracting. "As I was saying, my name is friday, I am here to serve you and answer any of your questions." The voice said from all around the room.

"Why do all of your accents sound different to mine?" I asked Wanda referring how my voice is deeper and sounds Greek where as theirs sounds...not Greek.

"I'm from sokovia, and everyone else is from America so their accent is also different but friday is Irish." Wanda answered pushing me to sit down on the couch next to her.

"How long was the boat journey from Sparta to America, what is America?" I said spiralling. My eyes widened at all the possibilities.

"Well... we don't really use boat journey anymore, we use planes. And America is a country its a lot bigger than Greece and it has 50 states, we are in New York." Wanda explained.

"That can't be correct, how did I not know of America?" I asked not liking how my knowledge was outdated, "well you probably did but it wasn't called America." Wanda eased my mind slightly.

"Anyway...let's practice stuff with Friday." Wanda suggested and I just nodded trying to come to terms with this all.

"Just give me a second." I said shutting my eyes and putting my head in my hands, Silan relax, things change all the time, people have evolved.

"Ok what we're you saying?" I asked turning my head to Wanda, damn she is really beautiful, her green eyes, high cheekbones and cute little nose. "Ask friday something, like to turn on the tv."

"Friday can you turn on the tv." I asked the remote, "no, the remotes not friday, friday is in the speakers and tv on the walls." Wanda said laughing at my confusion.

The tv switched on, oh wow. "Play horrible histories for Silan please, make it all history since Ancient Greece." Wanda said and a video showed up.

I leaned back on the couch besides Wanda, she rested her head on my shoulder and I rested my head on hers.

We were now on the English empire and they were crazy, lots of drama.

I looked down to see Wanda already staring at me but once she saw I caught her she blushed and put her head back to the tv.

The fact that she was already looking at me made me feel like someone was caressing my insides.

I grabbed wandas chin and tilted her head towards mine. I know I was acting impulsively but I didn't care, I just wanted her soft lips on mine.

Her face was inches from mine, eyes gazing into each other's, our noses touched slightly and my eyes instinctively shut, I felt her hot breath tingle on my lips.

I leaned my face foward and as soon as our lips touched it was pulled away by the sound of glass shattering.

I snapped my head to behind the couch just in time to see Clint covered in blood with glass on the ground. He let out a ghastly scream and both Wanda and I jumped over the couch while I grabbed my spear in the wall which I had thrown before.

I ran over to Clint with my spear sealed tightly in my fist. "Aha prank you just got pranked." Clint said in a deep voice and Natasha came out from the hallway laughing.

"Ok here's a prank, I'm gonna- I'm gonna kick you in the head." I said tensing my jaw not liking how I was tricked so easily.

"Wait how do you know what a prank is?" Natasha asked pointing a finger at me, I swiped her finger away, "Dionysus and I once convince the Athenians to have a festival where they just carried around statues of dicks." I said putting my spear down against the wall,

"What, that's like the best prank ever," Clint said wiping off the fake blood. I just nodded and grabbed some olives from the fridge. One thing that didn't actually change was olives.

"Well as amazing as horrible histories was I should get to bed." Wanda said grabbing her water bottle and heading to the hallway, "oh yeah that reminds me, where do I sleep because the couch isn't that comfy." I said gesturing to the couch.

Please say in wandas room or somewhere near her. "Oh right, Tony set up your room on the other side of the building, it's the closest to the training room." Clint said walking down a different hallway gesturing for me to follow him.

I thought back to what happened in the couch, or more likely what was about to happen. I really wanted to kiss her.