Chapter 4

A little bit earlier...

"Alright, bye- I already said we're with Jim and Gary, they can literally send you photos if you want them to- you know what, bye."

Eren hangs up the phone, his pink lips pursed in frustration.

"Your manager is still getting on you?"

Eren looked over at Armin, both of them in the back of a large black truck, his favorite security guards Jim and Gary in the front.

"Yea, she's been on my ass since we returned to the hotel, I swear she thinks she's my mother and not my damn manager."

"I told you that she'd give you hell, but you knew that the minute you decided to go along with Connie's plan."

Eren rolled his eyes at Armin's words, "Thanks for the reminder dad."

Armin shrugged since he was used to Eren's mouth.

"I'm honestly surprised she let you come with me, I thought she'd have you strapped to a table until you went back to Paradis."

Eren groaned, knowing what Armin meant. When they got back last night his manager was waiting at his hotel fuming. She told him how she had to book another discreet hotel and a whole lot of other stuff that went in one ear and out the other. And after fussing him, Armin, Jean, and Connie out like they were all children, she even hired a new set of stricter bodyguards in under 12 hours, background checks and all.

The devil worked hard, but his manager worked harder.

And why was he currently out now and not chained up somewhere?

"Because it's you, Armin, the most trouble you've ever gotten in by yourself was when the internet tried to cancel you for saying that you used to steal books from the library. "

Armin grumbled at his words, he hated that era of memes and uwuhellokittysaysacab people trying to cancel him.

"Ok...the only reason that I did it was that the librarian had something against me and would only let me take so many books home at once, but I returned them all every time! I even said that!"

Eren laughed at his friend's dramatics, remembering that era himself as he was the one who was arguing with every Twitter user that had something to say about his friend.

He of course had to get his entire account shut down, and then make an apology as his manager basically held up a gun to his head as he had to formally apologize for telling some random 15 year old kid with a fortnight profile pic to kill themself.

He laughed at the thought.

As the car finally pulled to a stop and the security guards opened their doors a thought ran across Eren's mind.

"What are we doing here anyway? Is this your last stop?"

As both men climbed out of the car and Eren made his way onto the other side he glanced at Armin as the blond adjusted his simple turtle neck.

"My last stop is a boutique."

Eren looked at the store in front of him that read in golden words: Unique's Boutique.

He groaned, each and every one of Armin's destinations was more boring than the last. The one right before this one was literally the bank because Armin had to figure some things out about his stolen card which took forever and a day to do of course.

"A boutique? For who, you?"

Armin shook his head, the two of them walking through the parking lot with their new security guards hovering behind them.