Chapter 21

"I can't believe you're doing this."

You bit your lip in frustration as you knew this would be hard, but you didn't predict that it would be this hard.

"Levi, I-"

"Do you not like it here? I thought you liked this job?"

Levi sat at his desk, his dark eyes staring holes into you as you stood in front of him.

Today you had come in to give your letter of resignation as you and Eren planned to leave for Tokyo in two weeks and you wanted all of your affairs in order.

"What? No, I love this job!"

You watch as he twists his lips in a lack of amusement.

"Then why are you leaving?"

Your fist balled as you knew this question was coming. And regardless of your background with Levi, you hated the idea of telling him why, of telling anyone why.

"Because my boyfriend is leaving out of the country and I'm going with him. There's no point in wasting your time by trying to guess when I'll be back or if I'll be back. "

You can feel the judgment that paints his eyes, but you don't care.

"Are you choosing Eren over your own career?"

Your fist clenched hard as the judgment in his eyes burns you.

"Levi." You take a deep breath before continuing. " Out of my entire fucked up time in Paradis, you are one of the few people who I consider a friend, and I would hate for the two of us to end on bad terms."

You weren't lying, while you and Levi did have a sexual history...when you stopped it the minute you and Eren got serious, he was entirely respectful, and never treated you differently as a human being when compared to Connie and Jean.

The entire time you had been here Levi was one of the few people to look out for you so it hurt you at the thought of ending on bad terms with him.

"Y/n."

Levi stands, his fingers straightening out the white of his button-up sleeves as he stood in front of you.

To your surprise, he wraps his hands around you, both of them resting in the middle of your back.

"Always be happy in whatever you do. And always know that wherever you go you'll always have a friend in Paradis."

Your heart pounds at his kind words, and the tears that brim in the corner of your eyes are heavy.

"Thanks, Levi."

('')

"Is this thing on?"

A finger taps a camera lens over and over again before finally standing back. In view of the camera was a pale woman with dark round eyes, puffy pink lips, and awkwardly dyed pink hair with her black roots already showing as her wolf cut was already starting to fall past her shoulders. She was dressed in a white long-sleeve and brown plaid pants.

"Ok guys, my name is Aiko Hattori! Everyone at work calls me Keke!" She scratches the back of her head and shifts on the balls of her feet. "They say it's a fun thing and not a race thing of course."

She awkwardly laughs and the camera zooms in on her face.

She suddenly clears her throat as she starts to walk.

"Ok, so I'm a journalist who is following the story of Eren Jaeger, the world-renowned MLB player and main antagonist for Attack on Titan. I have yet to interview him, but when I do I'll grab a piece of information out of him that no one before me has been able to. "