Chapter 18

The sound of your brush sweeping against the ground is like a school alarm that you refuse to wake up to. The repetitive noise scrapes your ears over and over again, but you don't stop as you pick up the invisible dust on the ground.

You just needed to pass the time, because-

"I'm heading out."

Your body tenses and you stop sweeping as you feel strong arms wrap around you from behind. His head rests on your shoulder for all of a second as if he's waiting on something, waiting for you to say something.

"Are you sure? It's late."

Your stomach twists as your mouth takes control of your entire body, and you internally scream as his hands fall from your waist.

"Uh...I have a thing that I need to attend. I'll catch you later though."

Your heart sinks, and you don't bother turning around as he pulls away from you completely.

"Yea...I'll see you later."

You swear you hear him pause before the sound of your door opening and closing rings through your ears. Your heart sinks as nothing but the ghost of Eren lingers in your home.

You clench your fists in frustration and let the broomstick drop onto the ground. Once you lock your apartment door you rush off to the back of your room so that you could sit down and be grounded for all just a second, to think about what you just did.

You sat on the edge of your bed and stared at the slight crack in your wall. You couldn't believe what had happened, you had slept with Eren fucking Jaeger.

You didn't know what or how it happened, one second you were yelling at one another and the next you were riding his dick on top of your friend's table.

And sure, at the moment it was the kind of adrenaline-filled fun you couldn't get anywhere else even if you tried. But once that euphoric moment had disappeared there was the horrific after-sex moment.

He had asked where your bathroom was and you pointed him toward it. Your mind wandered and you threw on your clothes as you noticed that he grabbed his own.

You felt tense at how long he took in the bathroom, a small part of you wanted to convince yourself that he got the shits right after sex, but another part of you was screaming at yourself that he was thinking about how much he regretted what he did, you could see it all over his face, you could feel it oozing off of him.

You swept the house to pass time and get your mind off of him, but low and behold the minute he left he was all that you could think about. Was he even going anywhere? Was he just going to brag that he fucked you like you were some object? Or would he avoid you for the rest of your life like tonight never happened?

What would you do?

How should you react?

Maybe I should text him...

As your eyes searched for your phone, your heart sank as there was something on your nightstand that wasn't there before.

It was a wad of cash.

Tears brimmed at your eyes and your nails dug so deep into your skin that you'd be bleeding any second now.

So that was how it was?

He didn't see you as anything more than some pimped-out whore that would let him get his rocks off.

You didn't know why you were so surprised, you did fuck the guy who abandoned you on New Year's.

I'm such a fucking idiot-

"Woah Woah, bitch, I know you're not beating yourself up?"

You're pulled out of retelling the story of what happened the night you and Eren...had an entanglement and instead your eyes focus on Unique's face that moves around on your computer.