Chapter 28

Have you heard what they've been calling you?

Your heart pounds as you give yourself a once over in the body-length mirror in front of you for what feels like the thousandth time.

Do I even want to know? The blogs and the media have been calling me names for over a year now.

The door to your dressing room opens, and you stand straight as Meghana stands outside of it. Her fingers hold the corners of her lips as she pulls them up.

You mimic her and nod as you follow the woman.

No one cares about all that old stuff anymore, the world has moved on.

The farther you are from your dressing room, the pound of your heart is silenced by the roars of a crowd that come from the end of the tunnel that you walk through.

Then what do they call me now?

You squint your eyes as the stadium lights shine bright with promise.

Your smile turns strong as your walk turns into a light jog as you burst out of the tunnel right onto the baseball field filled with roaring fans.

They call you a Trophy Wife.

You stand in the middle of the field and throw your hands up in glee as the cameraman circles around you to catch every single angle of you as if the people in the crowds weren't already recording you with their phones.

As you smile and wave, your ears tune into the sports commentators as their voices boom over the speakers in the stadium.

"Ladies and gentleman, on this beautiful day, the Paradis 108 are opening up their starting season. And the opening pitch will be thrown out by the team's star player, Eren Jaeger's wife, Y/n Jaeger."

You bounced on your feet and threw a few hearts at the camera.

The familiar mascot of the Paradis 108, the Colossal Titan, jogged over to you and handed you the ball that you'd be pitching.

The mascot turned toward the direction that you'd be throwing the ball, and you did as well.

Your eyes connected with your husbands as he stood crouched on the ground, his gloved hands waiting for you.

His tan lips pulled into a smirk as he winks at you.

As good as you were playing it off, he knew you, and he knew that you were nervous, so he'd try with what little he could do to calm your nerves.

And it worked as your strong smile became real as you giggled.

You pulled your arm behind you, and with all your might, you threw the ball forward...

And the ball landed nowhere near your husband.

Eren and the crowd let out a laugh as the brunette chased after your ball.

And as you watched everyone laugh at your actions, you couldn't help but let out a mean laugh as well.

The second Eren grabbed the ball, he turned heel and jogged towards a giggling you.

You wrapped your arms around him the minute you could, and he held you even tighter before kissing your lips.

"You did great baby."

He laughed, and you rolled your eyes as his hands didn't fall from your sides. "You're such an ass."

He kissed your temple as he spoke once more. "I'm serious, there's no better way to start the season off than with you being right here by my side."