Chapter 2

"Jean what the fuck are you doing?"

Eren curses, loud enough for the table to hear.

What was Jean doing? Talking to you?

He watched you, watched as your hand paused as it was just about to lean down towards the table to grab the dirty plates.

Your eyes widen slightly and you look around, and you realize that other than the small family you're the only staff member outside.

You walk over towards the large group and Eren internally sighs.

This always happens, it always has and always will, it's been happening since he and Jean were kids.

Taking interest in the same girl he means.

Eren locks his eyes on someone and imagines a whole future like an idiot, and Jean does the same. They're both babbling idiots whose game has developed only a little over the years.

But the only difference between the two was that Jean actually called or went over to whoever girl they both took interest in. He'd go over, a blushing mess or not, and would still shoot his shot.

And Eren would never think about the girl again if she even entertained Jean because he hated the idea of having Jean's seconds, it just didn't seem right to him, and Jean would most likely ruin you for him too.

"Is there an issue?"

You walk over, wiping your hands on your work pants as you grow a bit nervous as all eyes are on you at the table, each and every one of them taking you in.

Jean lets his head lean on his hand as he gets a good look at you before a smirk forms on his lips.

"I'm sorry to say, but there is."

Eren's fist clenches slightly as he watches Jean flirt with you, you look at him as your eyebrows cross in concern, "Do you need to me go get my manager or your waitress?"

Jean shakes his head, "No, none of that is necessary." Your eyebrows furrow in confusion. And before you can speak Jean continues.

"You see, I've been seeing your pretty face since I've got here, yet, I don't even know your name?"

He smirks, and Eren waits for the inevitable, he pulls this same line everywhere they go, and then the girl is putty in Jean's hands, a laughing mess who suddenly forgets she actually has a job and responsibilities, and by the end of the night she's on Jean's lap all day until he calls her by a different name and it's a whole slap fest, something that Eren's actually looking forward to now.

Eren's eyes fall on you as he awaits your reaction, you don't have much emotion on your face before you suddenly glance down at your name tag that Eren can finally see.

Y/n...pretty

You tap your name on your chest twice before giving Jean an obviously forced smile.

"Is that all? If so, have a good day gentleman."

You nod, pausing to make sure Jean has nothing else to say, and as he's taken aback that you're so curt with him Eren internally laughs before stopping as your eyes fall on him. He sees them up close now and thinks that they're a pretty color, and before he can react in any kind of way you quickly turn around, heading back to the table you were recently attending to as you grabbed a few plates before disappearing into the restaurant.

Connie busts out laughing before pushing Jean on his shoulder, "The king of corny pickup lines has fallen, city boys down three thousand points."

Jean glared at Connie, ready to curse him out, but before he could Eren intervened, ready to add salt to the wound.