Chapter 3

"Girl I know you're not sleeping in."

You groaned under your blanket, you wrapped it around you tighter in hopes that the person who was talking to you would get the memo.

"Girlll, it's way past noon, and you told me you'd be at the shop at 9, you promised."

Apparently, they didn't get the memo.

You sighed, unsticking your eyes from one another before you sat up with your cover still hanging from your face.

" I didn't get in until late yesterday, especially since I had to take the metro since a certain someone said they were picking me up but didn't."

You grumbled under your blanket, honestly, you had no room to complain but you did anyway. You heard the person outside of your blankets suck their teeth in response before suddenly snatching your blankets off of you.

You looked at the person in front of you whose brown eyes held the fiercest glare at your words. She was a shorter brown skin chubby woman, her long passion twists swayed slightly as she tilted her head at you, her puffy lips pulled down into a frown at your words.

"Y/n I told you that I already felt bad about that, but I had gotten a hell of a big deal so I had to stay up all night prepping and I had totally forgotten about you. And besides, when you got home I thought you said all was forgiven?"

You shrugged, "Yea, but then you dragged me out of bed so now I'm upset. Poor old me had to wait hours as I waited for the next metro in the shivering rain."

You fake shivered as you clutched yourself.

The woman in front of you shook her head as she tried to hide her smile at your dramatics.

"For one, it was actually not that cold last night, and for two, it didn't rain, like at all."

You stood up, stretching as you looked at her, "Yea maybe not in your area, but in mine I was a thousand percent sure some kind of Tropical Storm was hitting."

She rolled her eyes as she watched you walk off toward the bathroom, "You're so damn dramatic, go ahead and get ready, we need to get to the shop soon, I was just coming to get you."

You let out a tired laugh, your relationship had always been like that with her, Unique you mean.

Unique was your roommate for almost a year now. Her apartment was small, a one bedroom one bath to be exact, you took up space in the living room, you had insisted on just taking the couch or making a pallet but Unique had gone out of her way to get you a pretty nice air mattress. She had always been like that with you, even when you both were kids all those years ago, her family was your family and she took you in like some kind of big sister. You offered to pay bills, but that'd mean taking up another job which Unique had already told you she didn't want you doing, instead you both had come to an agreement that you'd help with any bills and small things such as groceries as much as you could. At first, you felt like some kind of parasite to her life and had even heard whispers and words from Unique's other friends and family about taking you in, but after a while, as all things do, you got over it.

But regardless of that, you and Unique were close. The two of you told each other everything.

"Y/nnnn you better not be stalling, you made a promise!"

Of course, the best friend that you loved so much could be a thorn in your side when she wanted to be.

"I can't take a piss real quick? I just woke up!"

You washed your hands in the sink, soon wiping away any crust that lay on your eyes.

You sighed at the thought of what today would hold. You were off work so you had the day to yourself, but of course last week you had made that stupid promise to Unique so you now had a day filled with anything but laying down in your bed all day while rewatching Grey's Anatomy for the fiftieth time.