Chapter 14

How the fuck did I go from 45 likes and three comments max to this?

You bit your nail as you looked at your page. You didn't really like posting on your ig, but with your latest check, you had gotten your hair done, and decided to let your followers know.

As you looked through your comments your eyes widened at one of them.

Is that Dabi-

Your thoughts are interrupted as your phone vibrates from a call. At the sight, you almost think about letting it ring...but you know better.

"Hello, Mr. Ackerman."

You bit your lip as you glanced out the window, you watched people walk by.

"What happened with your project with Leon?"

You sigh as you cross your feet, "I told you. We talked, and ended up finishing earlier than expected. That's all-"

"I read the email from both of you Miss L/n. You know that's not what I'm asking."

"Then what are you asking Mr. Ackerman?"

You hear him shift around.

"Even I know about Miss Leon's relationship to that half-wit Springer. And I've worked with her long enough to know that I was more likely to have a made-up lawsuit sent to my mailbox than an email detailing how she'll finish out the project on her own while I still get all expected shares. You did something or said something to her Miss L/n, and I need to know what."

You shifted in your seat as he was starting to figure you out.

"We talked, I broke up with Connie, that's really it."

He sucked his teeth. "Bullshit."

"You'd be surprised what a woman would sacrifice when she's in love, Mr. Ackerman."

There's a long drawn-out silence on his end.

"Y/n, your order is ready!"

A voice yells out, and the both of you are pulled out of your stalemate.

"Where are you?"

You looked around the coffee shop as if you didn't know where you were at.

"I'm getting coffee."

You stood up from your small seat in the corner of the room, you made your way over to your drink, the smell of coffee getting stronger and stronger the more steps you took.

You took a sip from your drink and your tastebuds immediately began to tingle.

"Pick me up an order as well."

Suddenly your drink didn't taste that good.

You rest your hand on your hip. "Huh? It's my day off."

"Which was initially supposed to be a work day. It seems you have a lot of free time."