Chapter 6

2 months later

Nique 💞:

Are we still on for today darling?

You:

Ofc, I'll see you soon

Nique 💞:

Kk, love you!

You:

Love you to

You placed your iPhone X face down which was an upgrade from the one you had months ago.

You hummed to yourself, I really should get to work before I get in trouble, I feel like I haven't done much today

Your fingers find the keyboard, and the repetitive clicks fill the air for all but a second as the ring of your office phone replaced it.

You sighed as you recognized the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Come to my office."

You bit the inside of your cheek.

"I'm busy right now sir, I have these documents to finish."

"I expect to see you in less than two minutes Miss L/n."

You groan at the sound of the other line going dead, you muttered "jackass," under your breath as you put the phone back in place. You hummed to yourself while you saved the documents on your computer before powering it off.

As you fixed your simple navy blue blouse you walked away from your desk, giving small nods to those around you as they looked you up and down, some in friendliness, some in attraction, and some in dislike. But you didn't much care as you had somewhere to be and a lunch to make after.

You made your way inside the elevator, your finger tapped the familiar button as the repetitive sight of cubicles left your sight as the elevator doors shut.

You hummed once more, fixing your simple black skirt as you waited.

As the door finally opened the sound of your flats slapping the ground almost seemed taboo at how loud they were. But the loud noise could only be heard because of the utter silence that the top floor of the building held compared to the floor you worked on.

And if the sound of your feet weren't loud enough then the knock of your first on the large wooden doors felt as if they would break the glass windows that showed the city below.

"Come in."

You pushed the door open before closing it shortly after. Your eyes adjusted to the low light of the stale room, the blinds halfway fallen revealing just enough light to illuminate the man in front of you.

"Good morning Mr. Ackerman."

"You took three minutes."

He pauses before speaking once more, "I said be up here in less than two."

You hum once more as you take in the man in front of you, his jet black hair is neatly combed out of his face. The light of the outside world dances on his pale skin which contrasts with the dark suit that clung to his body. He sat at his desk, his dark eyes staring at you as you stood not too far from the door.

"I apologize, sometimes I get lost trying to find my way up here, this is a large building."

"I'm aware of the size of the building Miss L/n, I own it. Now sit down, I need to speak to you."