Chapter 15

"Nanyamka, what are you trying to say?"

The dark-skinned man in front of you spoke with a desperate voice and eyes, his hands sliding down the sides of his face in distress.

You flung your hands out as you yelled at him in a hushed tone.

"Onyankopon, I'm saying exactly what you think I'm saying. We can not trust these people, specifically not Eren Jaeger."

You tried your best to sound as stern as possible, your eyes squinting as you stared at the man.

"Yamka, these people are just like us! The Marleyans came and destroyed their homes just like they did ours all those years ago and they continue to hold us under their thumb to this day! Eren has a plan that will rid of the Marleyans and free us all from their hold."

You shook your head fiercely and you paced around the room as you stared at the man.

"You're too trusting Kopon, the white man will do what they've done for centuries, which is only acting on what's best for them. He might help us now, but when he realizes his focuses are elsewhere, he'll drop us. We have better luck working with other nations."

Your hands crossed over your chest as Onyokapon let out a dramatic sigh and sat down on the seat.

"You have to look beyond the color of our skin Yamka. It's our people's issue now. These Eldians genuinely want to help us. I just want to save our home."

The sound of Onyokapon's voice shaking made your heart shatter.

You walked over towards him, your hand landing on his shoulder as you gripped it.

"Kapon, I want the success of our people too. I want Papa, Momma, you, and all our people to live long peaceful lives and not go to our creator until it's our time. But you running around with these colonizers worries me."

The both of you let out small laughs and Onoykapon's dark eyes looked into your own.

"You shouldn't call them that."

The both of you laughed once more before he stood up and you did the same.

"But I appreciate your concern, and I understand where you're coming from. I don't know where I would be without my mean-ass little sister."

He smiled, Ononkapon's large hands found their way around your body and you did the same as your face found his chest.

"Probably somewhere still crying at night because there's a monster under your bed."

You waved your hands to make yourself intimidating and Onyokapon sucked his teeth.

"You're not gonna let that go, will you?"

"Nope."

The both of you laughed.

"CUT!"

You and Onyokapon stepped away from one another and looked at the full camera crew that stood in front of you.

Erwin stepped towards the two of you, "You guys did good. But when the two of you hug, I need to feel the sibling bond between the two of you. I know the two of you just met, but the camera shouldn't know that."

You bit your lip as you felt like you were giving your all, but you suppose the Grammy-winning director and actor Erwin's advice on how to be a good actor held a bit of authority, so you gave him a simple "Ok," and Onyakopon did the same.

Erwin turned around to speak to everyone in the room, "We'll resume in about an hour, everyone go ahead and take a break."

Everyone nodded and left their posts, and as Onyankopon started to walk off, Erwin turned around to look at you.