EXCERPT - TRANSCRIPT OF SECOND ROUND OF INTERVIEWS

-------------------------------------

EXCERPT - TRANSCRIPT OF SECOND ROUND OF INTERVIEWS: AMELIA PENBERTHY AND DR. PENNY HEARSE, HEAD PSYCHOLOGIST

PH: Now last time we talked, you said you prefer Amy over Amelia. Can I ask you about that?

AP: Sure thing. I'm an open book. I think my mom was hoping that I would be more of an Amelia when I was born. She was very much into that feminine ideal for girls. I was a little more of a tomboy than she would have liked. I think for me, Amy seems a little less frilly to me than Amelia.

PH: I can respect that. I do love the name Amelia though. It has such an old-fashioned flair to it. You don't meet many Amelia's these days.

AP: I'm sure my mom would appreciate saying you saying that. She passed away when I was younger.

PH: I read about that in your file. Sorry to bring up bad memories. And Amy is obviously a great name as well.

AP: Don't sweat it. It was a long time ago.

PH: Okay, well, I'm just bringing everyone in one by one and asking how they've been going now that we've had some time to settle in. When we talked the first day, you said that you weren't sure that you would be on the same level as everyone else with your physical skills. How do you feel now?

AP: Am I 'fit' enough to 'fit in'?

PH: Ooh, I like that.

AP: A mere parlor trick, madame. Far from my finest work. But yeah, I think I've been keeping up okay. There are a lot of talented people here, but the instruction has been good.

PH: It says here that you are about the middle of the class in the most recent physical exam. You got twenty eighth out of fifty four. So that's nice, you are pretty average. One point I do want to talk to you about though are your grades. They've been slowly slipping over ever since school started. Now, I'm not trying to ambush you over this but I do want to know how you are doing. Things at Chiron are very different than they are at other schools. What do you feel is giving you trouble?

AP: Well, to be honest, I didn't really take school that seriously even back home. I've never really been one for homework at the best of times. I think coming to Chiron scared me straight for a minute, trying to fit in with everyone, but I think now that school has gone on for a while the shock has worn off. And now I'm just back at my regular behavior.

------------------------------------

EXCERPT - TRANSCRIPT OF SECOND ROUND OF INTERVIEWS: WYATT HATCH AND DR. PENNY HEARSE, HEAD PSYCHOLOGIST

PH: Thanks for coming in today. I just wanted to follow up with everyone and see how they're adjusting to school.

WH: Fine.

PH: Awesome. Is there anything that you would like to talk about? Anything going on?

WH: I've been to Hell.

PH: Oh my. I'm sorry. From what I hear, it seems like you haven't been having the greatest time these last few weeks. Can you tell me more about what you're feeling? What makes Chiron feel, like, hellish to you?

WH: No, I mean that I've actually been to Hell.

PH: I'm sorry? I don't understand.

WH: I mean that I've been to the place.

PH: You mean, you feel like you've been to the afterlife?

WH: I don't 'feel like'. I've been to.

PH: Hmmmm. Has this ever happened to you before? That you've felt like you go somewhere else? Maybe see things other people can't see?

WH: No, I mean it. I'm not crazy.