Daniel

I wake up in a new room. I blink my eyes and look around. The walls are white. A single flag hung. Colonies. Just what I wanted to see. A colony's flag. There was a small table, and there sat a tray with food. I wobble over and take the spoon and eat. Oatmeal. Cheap and bland, but it will suffice. I have been spoiled with luxurious of great-tasting food and expensive eats being rich now. I forgot what it was like to eat bland food. A drank the cup of water they left. I downed it. I wish I could have bathed in it. The dirt that covers me and blood. It was enough to make a human puke. I smelled. I don't know how they could stand it.

Pierce comes in. He sits at the table. I watch his every move. He lights a cigarette and takes a long puff. He looks at me. "You will stay here until our plans are done."

"Really? Have mercy. My wife is pregnant. Let's make a deal or something." I say, almost pleading.

"No deals. If people see your face, it gives them hope. It's better off they slowly forget about you for now." He says.

"So you just plan to keep me here? For how long?"

"Until the world forgets Daniel Wing ever lived. Just like how you forgot." He crackles and starts coughing from inhaling too much.

"You think I wanted to forget?" I scoff. "I lost like four years of my life. I forgot the women I love. I forgot the fact I wasn't a criminal anymore!"

"You also forgot that your actions killed my mother." He hisses, pulls out a picture from his pocket, and shows me. "She was all I had! She is dead because of June, you, and the Republic."

I stare at the picture he throws in my face. I gulp as memories start to resurface. Her cold face, blonde hair, and blue eyes. She shot me. She had my mother shot. She's the reason I lost my memories and my family.

"Commander Jameson?!" I yell back! "She was a war criminal, even more so than me!"

I should not have insulted his mother. Instant regret fills me as he punches me hard across the face. Spit goes flying, and I grab my cheek. I shake it off, waiting for another blow. But he doesn't give me one. So I take this chance to grab him. He yells as I put him in a chokehold. The metal cuffs are still on my hands. I press the cuffs into his neck. He grabs at his throat as he coughs for air.

The door opens, and two more men rush in and yank me off of him. He gasps for air and glares at me. He coughs. "Chain him to the wall. And when Junebug finds him, chain her up too."

I thrash in the men's arms. "Don't you fucking touch her, you scum!" I yelled, but the door slammed shut, and he left. I pull on them and shout. Letting my emotions get the best of me. They sent a punch to my throat, making me gag and gasp for air; I immediately stopped trashing.

I look up at the two men as they chain me up to the wall.

"Rumor has it June went rogue and is looking for you," One man says.

I look at them. "Please, if she finds me, Just don't hurt her...." I beg.

"We can't make promises. That Pierce's job," the other shrugs to me.

They then leave the room without a trace.

I felt helpless. Utterly helpless in the face of all of this. It would be selfish of me to risk my life and leave my child fatherless. So I stay chained to the wall until sleep comes.