Epilogue

June

"Grace is ten years old today, Metias," I say as I place flowers at my brother's grave. "She looks a lot like you... I wish you could have met her. I wish you could meet all our kids. We have three of them now... and one on the way." I put my hand over my stomach. "I haven't told Daniel yet about that one. I'm sorry I haven't visited in such a long time. Times have changed a lot. We now live in the United States of America. There is no war. Food is plentiful, and the flooding is minimal now. I now work at Drake University, training recruits and teaching. Being first commander was fun, but I needed to take time for myself. I wish you could see life now. You'd be happy and proud." I murmur softly and turn away. "Till next time."

I get back in my jeep and drive back home. The silence of the drive was pleasant. I think back to the first year of Daniel and I being married. Faline and Pierce were both criminals. It eventually came to light that they were seeing each other behind Anden's back. They had plotted a coo together, the rebellion that failed. They both hated Anden and all of us. They wanted to see us dead. It was an inside job, but not in the way I thought. I am glad that the past is behind us and not haunting us.

I keep driving the jeep. Having three kids keeps us very busy. Grace is ten. Metias Jr is six, and John Jr is three. They are all great. Being a mother has really changed me. Being a father has changed Daniel, too. Life is great. I pull into our driveway and can see people have already arrived for the party. While I was out, I picked up the cake and some other snacks.

I get inside and set the cake down. Grace had her friends from school over already, chasing each other through the house. Daniel was in the kitchen setting out drinks when I came in. He has taken a liking to cooking. I am glad to see him pick up a hobby.

"Sweetheart, welcome home." he kisses my cheek and hands me some pale purple tea.

Eden and Pressa walk into the room. Pressa was heavily pregnant herself. Eden was carrying their son Jaxon, who was 4. He sets him down, and he runs off to find his cousins. I hug Pressa and then Eden.

Anden then walks in with Anthony in tow.

"Grace is outside, Anthony," I say, making the kid blush, and he runs outside to find the other kids.

Tess walks hand in hand with a little girl about 8. It was her adoptive daughter, Jacklyn. She shoos her to play with the other kids.

Lastly, Pasco and his husband walk in with their three kids, who also go running off to play.

I smile at everyone being here and then hug Daniel.

"Hey, everyone, I'm glad you guys could make it. Grace appreciates all her aunts and uncles and cousins being her." I say knowing that family isn't always blood but the friends you meet along the way. "I have an announcement to make."

Daniel turns his head towards me, confused.

"We are having another baby." I cheerfully say.

Daniel's jaw drops, and then he kisses me. The others congratulate us.

The party goes on till late. The kids have a blast and are excited to hear about getting a new sibling.

I wouldn't have life any other way. I've lived a thousand lives. I think back to what Day not Daniel had told me that day in the train car. Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment; you die in the moment; you take it all one day at a time.

I crawl into bed with Daniel. I stare into his blue eyes and kiss him. He holds me. I wouldn't have it any other way than to be with him. Here and now. Living in the moment.

"June Iparis," he says. "I love you."

"Daniel Wing," I reply, "I love you too."