Chapter 53 'Mystery Baby?'

Laney's POV

I woke up, and for the second month since we've got back, I ran to the bathroom. I leaned over the toilet and puked up my insides. Wesley rushed to my side, like always, and rubbed my back. He got me a glass of water and my toothbrush.

"Wes, I think I better go to the doctor today. This is the second month in a row I've been puking, and we both know what happened last time this was going on," I said. We both knew I was pregnant, so I didn't need to clarify it. I'm already getting a little bump for Christ's sake. I just want to go to the doctor to see how far along I am, and if he can tell the gender or not.

"Are you sure you want to know already? I mean, we could wait awhile, maybe you really are sick. Bora Bora wasn't the cleanest community."

"Wesley, do you not want another kid? I thought we talked about it, and that's the only reason we didn't use protection. We knew what we were doing. Please tell me you aren't having second thoughts. I'm already getting a bump, so there's no going back now."

"No Laney! Of course I want another kid, I don't know. Maybe I just don't want to be ready yet. I really love Trent, and you, and it would make me even happier to have another little one running around here, but what will everyone else think? We already have Trent, and what if we can't do two at a time?"

"Oh baby, it'll be okay. We're together in this, and we've done a great job with Trent so far. He's already talking, walking, eating, I think we're doing pretty good. We can only do better with this one since we know what to expect. Don't be scared Wes. Everything will be completely fine. You'll be here every step of the way with me, right?"

"Of course I will Lane," he assured. "Everything will work out, I promise. Don't worry about me leaving because I would never," he told me. He pulled me in for a hug, like he usually does after we have a talk. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back assuringly.

"Let's go to the doctor today, but let's not tell anyone for awhile this time."

"I agree. That was just too much at one time. I still can't believe how lightly they took it." We both got ready for the day after calling the doctor. We have to take Trent with us because Wesley doesn't want to leave him behind again. He complains that we leave him with other people too much, but we really don't.

"I'll be waiting in the car with Trent, so hurry up," I told Wesley as I walked out the door. I strapped Trent into the back and hopped in the front while I waited for Wesley to come out. It didn't take long for him to come.

When we got to the doctors office, Trent was whining, and we didn't know why because he's never been like this. We finally found some blocks for him to play with to keep him quiet. They finally called my name to come back. Wesley was going to stay back with Trent, but Trent didn't like that idea.

"Mom! I go with you," he whined, trying to spit words out into a sentence. I caved in and let him follow. He held onto my leg as we walked back to a room. They automatically made me put a gown on for an ultrasound. Trent was amazed with all the equipment and everything.

"What's on your tummy Mom?" He asked when they put the jelly substance on my stomach.

"It's like jelly, so they can see the baby in my tummy," I explained.

"A baby?"

"Yeah, you might have a little brother or sister. What do you think about that?"

"Why is it in your tummy?"

"I don't know Trent, why don't you ask Daddy why," I chuckled, not knowing what to tell him. He ran over to Wes and jumped into his lap. The doctor walked into the room and started checking my charts and everything.