Chapter 50 'Big Day Part II'

Wesley's POV

I'm so stupid. I just made Laney upset on her wedding day. I know she doesn't like me talking about what I did, and I don't like talking about it either. I just want her to know that I will never do anything like that ever again.

"Where did Laney go? She just got up and left pretty quickly," Matt asked.

"Lady problems," I hinted, knowing Laney wouldn't want me to tell anyone she was upset.

"Ah, should I go check on her? I've seen it all," he chuckled.

"I got it, but thanks for asking," I assured. I got up and walked back towards the direction I saw her go. I checked back in the dining hall and didn't see her. I looked in the bathroom, still she wasn't there. I looked out the window and saw her big white dress at the edge of the balcony. I slowly walked over to the door and opened it, trying not to make a sound.

"Lane?" I softly questioned. I made my way over to her and saw that she was crying. My heart sunk when I saw her wipe her few tears she couldn't hold back.

"Please don't cry, Lay. I didn't mean to make you upset. I don't want you to cry today unless they're happy tears. Please. I love you so much," I cooed, pulling her body close to mine. I wrapped her up for a hug, her pouffy dress sticking out at the bottom. I rubbed her back soothingly to make her tears stop.

"I'm not upset, Wes. I just feel bad because you beat yourself up over that day, and I want you to stop. I want you to forget about it. I know it wasn't you, I know you won't do it again. We should probably go back in incase people start to look for us," she sighed, walking past me.

"Laney, wait. I'm sorry, I really am. Please don't let this ruin the rest of the day. You don't deserve to be upset on your wedding day."

"It's your wedding day too," she corrected teasingly, trying to hold back a smile.

"There's that smile I love," I winked.

"I love you too," she grinned. I tilted her chin up so our lips would meet. She smiled as our lips blissfully touched, making me smile too. We pulled away from each other and walked back inside. I held her hand to guide her back to our seats.

"If Matt asks, you had lady problems," I whispered before we got there.

"Okay," she giggled. Just as I suspected Matt asked about her.

"Everything good?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just needed to freshen up a little bit," I assured. He didn't question anything else, so we sat down. We finished eating, then it was time to cut the cake. I know that trick where the bride shoves cake in the grooms face, and I know Laney is sneaky enough to do it. I decided I'm going to let her and act surprised so she can laugh about it.

We both grabbed ahold of the knife and cut a small piece. She grabbed it and put some into my mouth. I put some into hers, making sure I got a little outside her mouth as a joke. She licked her lips and got it off before doing just what I expected. She shoved the rest of the piece onto my face, smearing it down my cheek.

"Wow, I love you too," I scoffed, chuckling at her. She, as well as the rest of the crowd, was laughing too. She handed me a napkin and helped me wipe it off, probably feeling guilty. They finished cutting the cake while it was being passed out to everyone.

"I can't wait to get my groove on tonight," I winked at Laney.

"You can't dance, you are aware of that, right?" She laughed.

"I can hip thrus-" she cut me off.

"Not in front of my parents you won't! I'm kidding, as long as they think you're a little drunk," she giggled. Everyone ate their cake fairly quick.