Chapter 8 'Sparks'

Laney's POV

A couple weeks later Taylor texted me early in the morning to hangout and go to the mall and do girly things. I got up and got a shower, did my hair and makeup, and threw on some cute white shorts and a peach shirt. I put on my sandals instead of my Vans today and waited for her to come. I've been catching up a lot with Matt, and I've been finding myself have everything I think trail back to Wesley. I just can't get him out of my head.

"Where you going?" Andrea asked walking down the stairs.

"Out with Taylor," I replied.

"Oh. Hey can I ask you something?" She asked suspiciously. I nodded my head for her to proceed with her question.

"Are you and Wesley dating?" She asked full of excitement. I giggled at her enthusiasm.

"No, you'd be the first one I'd tell if I was dating anybody, plus I should let you in on a little secret. Matt lives here in California, and I hung out with him last night. We kissed, but don't tell anyone, especially Sam," I gossiped with her about what we did. But I told her we weren't anything. That we would stay friends I think. By the time I was done I heard honking outside my window. I opened the door and of course it was Taylor. I walked over to her car and greeted her, getting in.

"So what's the plan for today?" I asked plopping down in the front seat.

"I thought we could go get our nails done, then go to the mall, and whatever else you wanna do," she smiled pulling out of the driveway.

We went to the mall first, going to almost every store. I got like 5 bags of clothes and accessories. We went to eat before we got our nails done, and we got pizza.

We finally finished with getting our nails done around 4. We were driving home and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pulled it out.

Drew- Hey, wanna go to our show tonight? It's in LA so we'll have to stay the night. But if you have to go home we can get you there.

I must've had an exhausted look on my face because Taylor asked what was wrong.

"Would you maybe wanna go to a concert with me tonight?" I asked knowing she would.

"Is that even a question?! Is it Drew and Keaton and Wesley's?" She asked full of excitement.

"Yes, but I don't know if my parents will let me because they're staying the night in LA and want me to, but they said they could bring me home," I said. I texted Drew back asking him if I could bring Taylor.

Drew- Sure but I think Wes wanted to spend some alone time with you....if she doesn't mind hanging with me and Keaters

"Okay....so apparently Wesley wants to spend alone time with me tonight so do you mind hanging with Drew and Keaton like after the show or whatever?" I asked Taylor.

"Ooooh, alone time," she teased. "But I don't mind, plus, Drew is a hottie," she winked giggling.

"Drew is pretty hot," I smirked.

"Back off Lane, you can have Wesley," she argued. I just rolled my eyes. I texted Drew back and told him I'd ask my parents, but I would say yes. Is it bad I'm already nervous for tonight?

We pulled into my driveway and Taylor left to go home and get ready. I trudged inside and to my parents room. My dad was the only one in there. This was going to be hard.

"Hey Dad, you know I love you right?" I asked sweetly.

"What do you want?" I chuckled rolling his eyes.