Chapter 41 'Not Expecting This'

Wesley's POV

Things have been amazing this past month. Laney moved back home, we've been great, and Keaton and I have been working super hard on our music. Laney is almost three months pregnant, but you can't really tell quite yet. I'm taking her out tonight, just for fun. I actually have a huge surprise for her. Of course she won't expect it, at least I hope. I'm actually really nervous as to how tonight will go.

"Keaton are you sure this is a good decision? Do you think she'll like all this?"

"Of course she will, calm down Wes. Is all of her stuff here? I can start unpacking it," he offered.

"Nah, she's kinda picky about that stuff, trust me. She'll want to do it. Plus if she doesn't want this, which I hope she does, then she doesn't have to pack it all back up."

"Wesley how could she say no? You're having a kid together, she loves you dude." He had a good point. I'm just super nervous.

"I'm gonna go home and get ready! Thanks for everything Keats! Love you!" I went out to my car and drove back to my house to get cleaned up.

-

LANEY'S POV

-

Wesley wanted to take me somewhere tonight, but he said it's not formal so not to dress up that much. I'm wearing a nice shirt and dark skinny jeans with my vans. I straightened my hair and applied just enough makeup. I walked downstairs just in time for Wesley to be at the door. My mom was smiling at him like a complete idiot.

"What is going on here?" Wesley gave me a confused look before his face went red.

"Oh nothing, go have fun you two," my mom said. I shook it off and waved her goodbye.

"What was that about? That's a look of excitement, and it doesn't appear on her face often," I chuckled.

"I don't know," he shrugged. He drove for a long time, and we weren't in the city anymore.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a-"

"Oh surprise I forgot," I sarcastically sighed. He chuckled and grabbed my hand to help me be patient. We finally stopped and pulled into a dirt parking lot.

"Aren't you afraid of getting your baby dirty?" I teased.

"How could it get dirty when it's inside you?"

"I meant your real baby, stupid," I giggled while motioning towards his car.

"Oh, just kidding I knew what you meant. I guess I'll just have to clean her up," he chuckled. He grabbed my hand and stood me in front of him. He put his hands over my eyes and told me to walk.

"I'm going to trip," I laughed.

"Do you trust me?"

"Hm, that's a tough question."

"Shut up," he laughed. When he told me to stop he didn't drop his hands from my face. I heard whispering and then it was silent. He dropped his hands and revealed a cute little picnic set up.

"Awe Wes, you do care about me," I teased.

"Quit being a smart ass, tonight is supposed to be special," he whined.

"Fine, fine. It's beautiful Wesley," I smiled. He shook his head and pecked my cheek before pulling me to sit down on the blanket laid out. He pulled random stuff out of the basket and set it all out. There were tons of fruits, a couple waters, and a sandwich cut in two. It was cute how much he actually thought about this. He handed me a fork and opened the little containers. I dug into the watermelon, which is my favorite.