Chapter 28 'Road Trip'

Laney's POV

It's the day before Christmas Eve and I'm currently packing for Washington. We're leaving in an hour, so call me a procrastinator. It's currently eight in the morning and I'm basically dead. I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot something. I had an early Christmas with my family the other day, so I still got to give everyone their gifts. I haven't given the boys theirs yet though. I'm waiting until Christmas morning.

I threw in some warm clothes since it would probably be kind of chilly. I got all of my essentials and accessories as well. I packed my same old vans I always wear, along with a pair of tennis shoes so I could be comfortable. I checked to make sure I had everything, and I was pretty sure I did. Like I said, it's early and I'm only half awake, so I probably will forget something.

Drew was supposed to pick me up on his way over there, so he would be here in a little bit. I quickly told everyone goodbye and gathered by bags by the door. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun since I didn't feel like messing with it. I pulled on one of Keaton's hoodies I had from awhile ago and never returned.

I heard someone honking a horn from outside so I got all of my bags and hurried out the door before he woke everyone. I piled it into the back and hopped in the front seat of his truck.

"Morning Laneybabe!" He cheered. I gave him a grumpy look causing him to laugh.

"It's too early," I groaned leaning my head back on the head rest.

"We're picking up Tay too," he smiled and it didn't leave his face for awhile.

"You really like her, don't you?"

"More than anything."

"I'm such a good friend for introducing you guys!"

"What's going on between you and Wesley?" Drew asked gesturing towards my hand. He saw the ring.

"I honestly don't know. We aren't dating, but we don't want to see other people. He gave me a promise ring, and wants me to promise that I won't forget him when I leave. I don't know what to do. I'm not afraid I'll find someone else, I'm afraid he will. We haven't really talked about it, and I'm leaving in almost a week," I sighed. He put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring pat.

We pulled into Taylor's driveway and Drew helped her get all her stuff in the back of the truck. I moved to the backseat so they could sit by each other. I was just gazing out the window and happened to check my phone when I saw I had a text from Matt. I feel so bad I haven't spent much time with him lately.

Matt- My mom wishes you would've came back with me for Christmas. Her and Grandma miss you. So do I....

Me- Awe Matt, you're going to make me cry. I miss them too and you know I would be there if I didn't have plans! I'm sorry!

We pulled into the boys' house and they were already loaded up in their car to go. I hopped out of Drew's truck and ran over to Wesley, but turned and gave Keaton a hug first.

"I missed you Keaton! It's been like a whole day!"

"OMG! I know! We need to see each other more often!" We were talking like preppy white girls in high pitched voices. It was funny since Keaton's voice could actually go really high. Wesley gripped his hands around my waist tightly and pulled me back away from Keaton to stand by himself.

"Like what the hell! I was talking to my bestie!"

"Well your 'bestie' can go talk to someone else's girl," Wesley said kissing my cheek.

"Since when am I your girl?" I scoffed.

"Fine, if you wanna be like that just go talk to your bestie," Wesley fake cried. I walked back over to Keaton and just started whispering stupid things in his ear to make Wes jealous.