Chapter 45 'It Can't be Time'

Laney's POV

It's been almost a month since I've been in the hospital. Everything is going great with the baby, and I'm a little over eight months. I've done some wedding planning with Laraine and my mom. It's going to be great. Wesley apologized numerous times for what he did, and even though I forgave him he still doesn't think I have. I can't stay away from him. I love him too much. Despite that one time he did that, he does do a lot for me, and I can't give him up.

"Morning Wes," I cheered when he came down the stairs.

"Morning Lay, why didn't you wake me up to come down with you?"

"You need some sleep. You can't keep beating yourself up about everything that happened. The baby is fine, not to mention he'll be out in less than a month hopefully, and I'm fine. We're still getting married, it's okay."

"I just can't forgive myself. I really hurt you Lane, and no girl should ever have to go through that. I promised myself I would never be one of those guys, and I turned around and did it. I don't know what came over me. You trusted me, and I feel like I completely ruined this whole thing."

"Wesley, stop. Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe it wasn't the best choice in the world, but if I still didn't trust you, I wouldn't be here right now. If I didn't still love you, I wouldn't be here right now. I love you, and I always will. Try and forget about it like I did, okay?"

"I'm going to take you out tonight, on a date. We haven't had one in awhile, and I assume we won't have time for many after this little guy is born," Wesley insisted.

"So you're telling me I have to dress up and put makeup on," I groaned jokingly.

"You have to get dressed, but you don't have to put makeup on. I've told you a thousand and one times that you don't need it," he reminded.

"And I've told you a thousand and two times that I do need it, so I guess I'll get my fat butt up and get ready," I chuckled. He helped me up and smacked my bottom before I waddled up the stairs.

"Should I dress up-up or just dress up?" I asked.

"What's the difference? You'll look beautiful either way," he winked.

"Seriously right now," I whined.

"Um, fine, let me pick something," he suggested. I rolled my eyes jokingly and let him look through my closet. I stepped back as he rummaged through both sides of clothes. He stopped looking and smirked at me.

"This," he grinned, pulling out a red material.

"That won't fit me," I scoffed, looking at the tiny red dress he pulled out. I haven't worn that since before I was pregnant.

"Just try it on please," he begged with a puppy dog face. "It'll look good," he pleaded.

"You're killing me Stromberg," I teased while taking the dress from his hands. I took it to the bathroom, but he only followed me in there.

"Can I have some privacy?" I chuckled at him standing in the door frame.

"I want to see it on you, plus it's not like I've never seen you naked before," he wiggled his eyebrows jokingly.

"Obviously. I'm almost positive you've had to of seen me naked considering you got me pregnant," I said.

"Get it, you said positive and you're," he snorted while pointing at my stomach. I looked at him annoyed and he stopped laughing.

"Not funny, right," he looked away. I laughed at his awkwardness after I denied his joke.

"It was kinda good," I giggled. I took my clothes off and carefully, without trying to rip it, put the very tight fitting dress on. It sucked tight to my belly and boobs.