Chapter 30 'Merry Christmas!'

Wesley's POV

I was awoken by the smell of bacon and eggs and fresh cinnamon rolls. I looked over and saw Laney was still sleeping and lightly snoring. I know how to wake her. I leaned over to her, pressed my lips to hers and gave her a big kiss. Her eyes slowly fluttered open as she started to kiss back. I pulled away as soon as she got up.

"Works every time," I chuckled.

"Why'd you do that?" She whined.

"Because IT'S CHRISTMAS MORNING!!" I shouted and she covered her ears cringing at the loudness of my voice. She shook her head and giggled a bit. She finally got up and went to the bathroom.

I put on my matching pajamas with hers and left the top couple buttons unbuttoned since I knew she would enjoy it. Laney came out in her matching pajamas and her hair down in its wavy curls. I interlocked our hands and we headed down the stairs. She tugged on my arm and I looked at her confusingly.

"Button up your shirt," she said rolling her eyes.

"Why? Can't handle all this?" I smirked gesturing towards my body.

"No I can't, so put it away!" I huffed and buttoned it up slightly. It still exposed some skin but not as much.

"Merry Christmas!" I cheered as everyone in the kitchen turned their attention towards us. Gramcracker, Brooke, Isaac, Breezie, Drew, Taylor, Keaton, Sabrina, and my mom were all here. It felt so much like home especially with Laney here.

We sat down across from Drew and Taylor who were being all lovey on each other. I hope Laney and I didn't look like that in public. I mean it's cute, but it's too much.

"Think they're over-doing it a little?" I chuckled in Laney's ear. She spit out a giggle and hit my arm but nodded. My mom brought plates and plates of food to the table. We all scooped out all we wanted and more. We ate and enjoyed talking about everything that we were catching up on each other's lives. My grandma was the one mostly talking to all of us.

"So Wesley how long have you and Laney been dating?"

"Almost a year," I grinned as she blushed and looked down. I put my arm around her shoulders and tickled her side getting her to look up.

*{A/N I know the year doesn't match up with the story, but let's pretend they've been dating for almost a year}*

"You don't have to be shy!" I teased. Everyone finished eating and went to the living room to open presents. We all watched Isaac open his from Santa first. He was the cutest little nephew. He's gonna be a lady killer. He was so amused my the wrapping paper that Brooke had to basically open every present for him.

We started giving each other our presents we got them after he was done. Laney ran off upstairs to get hers for everyone. I had Sammy help me pick mine out for Laney. I had no clue what to get her. I went with the typical man move and got jewelry, but it was really pretty at least.

She came back down with bags and a huge box. She set them all down and handed the bags to Keaton, Drew, Taylor, my mom, Brooke, and Breezie. She handed a little box to Isaac as well. She walked back over to the huge box and scooted it over to me. I handed her my neatly wrapped box, thanks to Keaton.

"Here, it's not much, but I went blank on what to get you," I said ashamed.

"Whatever Wesley, just open your present," she giggled. She was so excited to see me open it. I ripped the wrapping paper off and opened the box. I stopped before pulling it out.

"You didn't," I stated. She nodded giddily and motioned for me to pull it out. I pulled out the guitar case and sat it on the couch before opening it. It was just like my broken one, but even nicer.