Chapter 22 'I miss you'

Wesley's POV

I was so nervous when I called Laney last night. I thought she would hang up on me, or not even answer. She seemed stunned when she heard my voice. She probably had deleted my number and didn't know who it was.

We were on the bus lounging around before the show tonight. I honestly have been feeling like shit ever since that night I saw her all beaten and scared. I just have that image implanted in my head and it won't get out.

"Dude, you need to get your head out of your ass. This was your fault, so quit being a girl about it," Keaton groaned.

"You know it wasn't my fault! I told you, we didn't even do anything! Carly kissed me! She gave me that damn hickey and I did nothing back! You know that. I've tried telling her but she just won't listen. She doesn't even want to see me tonight. I made her cry on the phone last night when I called her. I'm the biggest jerk ever."

"Hey, I have an idea how you can get her back," Drew smirked. Oh this should be great.

Laney's POV

I was getting ready for tonight, even though I was going to dread going. I just got out of the shower and now I'm drying my hair. I did my makeup up, something I hadn't done in awhile. It actually made me feel good about myself. I straightened my hair and pushed some of it back with bobby pins.

I was wearing some leggings and a long sweater dress with black and grey printed stripes. I put on my boots to go with it and looked at myself in the mirror. I sighed at my appearance. I can't believe I've done this to myself. I lost so much weight, it was almost sickening. I was pleased to say I at least looked presentable though. I grabbed my cross body purse and threw some stuff in it.

I went to Matt's room and waited for him to be done getting ready.

"Hurry up Matt! You're slower than a girl!" I whined. Truth is I wanted him to take as long as he could. I still wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not. But I need to face him sooner or later. I'm not running away from my problems. You can't just forget about someone you love, unfortunately, but I wish it was that easy.

"Calm down, calm down pissy pants," he chuckled coming out in a flannel and jeans with a white shirt underneath. He looked kinda cute. Okay maybe really cute.

"Whatcha staring at babe?" He teased. I looked away and blushed. What am I doing? Blushing because of Matt? What the hell.

"Let's go," I sighed standing up.

"You sure you're ready?" He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be. I've got to do it some time."

We went out to his parents car since his was still in Cali obviously. I sat by him in the front and turned up the radio, not wanting a silent ride. He slipped in the car and grabbed my hand resting our entwined fingers on the hump between us.

We drove along and stopped for some lunch. We went to McDonald's, nothing special. I actually forced myself to eat after I saw my appearance earlier. I didn't feel upset, for once, after I let it settle.

"I'm glad to see you almost back to normal," Matt smiled. Yeah, and I'll probably go back to the way I was after seeing him.

I just gave him a smile and threw my trash away. We drove until we finally reached the venue. There were so many girls it actually scared me.

"Matt they're gonna fucking jump me if they see me," I chuckled putting my head in my hand. We waited in the car for a little bit. I decided to text Keaton and tell him I was here.