Chapter 25 'I'll Make it Work'

Wesley's POV

Today was our last show of tour! We had to cancel a couple shows so we're coming home early. I was so hyped to see Laney and get rid of Carly. She's been all over me this whole tour. I hate to admit it, but I've gave in a couple times and did it with her. Yeah, I feel guilty, but Laney and I weren't technically together, right? I was planning on not telling her, because things were kinda good between us right now. They'll probably be good until she leaves for college in a couple weeks.

We were at our house today, we got dropped off last night since our show was in Cali today. I was planning on asking Laney if she wanted to go to the show with me, but Carly invited herself along, so I wasn't sure whether I should ask her or not. She knows I love her, she'll come, I hope.

Me- Hey babe, wanna go to the show with me today since we're home early?

LaneLane- Uhm, sure. Can I bring Matt? My heart broke when she said that. She still loves me doesn't she? I don't know if the jealousy took over me, but I did something I immediately regretted.

Me- Sure, Carly's coming too, so feel free.

LaneLane- Oh, so you're dating? That's sweet. I hope you had fun on tour. Glad to be home?

Me- Maybe we need to talk tonight?

LaneLane- I guess so.

Why does she think I'm dating her? We definitely need to sort some things out tonight. I hopped in the shower, soaking in the water since I was finally home and not on a bus or a hotel. I got cleaned up and threw on some jeans and a flannel topping it off with a snapback.

"Wesley! I'm heading down to the venue! Make sure you're there in an hour!" Keaton yelled up the stairs.

"Ok dude! I'll be there!"

I went downstairs and put some shoes on and called Carly telling her I would pick her up. This was my last show, thank god, so I don't have to be with her anymore.

I picked everyone up and we were headed to the venue. In the back seat I could see Matt and Laney holding hands. What happened between them while I was gone? All these questions are shooting through my head right now. I just turned up the music and rolled down my window to make my thoughts go away.

For some reason my eyes kept traveling back to their interlocked hands. Every time I saw them I got more jealous. You could probably see steam coming out of my head by now.

"So Wesley, did you miss Cali?" Laney unexpectedly piped up from the backseat.

"It was nice seeing all the fans, but I definitely missed home. I always do. I also missed seeing you everyday," I winked back at her and Carly glared at me. I could see Laney blush out of the corner of the mirror before I turned my eyes back to the road.

The rest of the ride was mostly silent until we reached the venue. I was kind've glad Matt came, so I knew Carly wouldn't do or say anything to Laney while we were rehearsing and doing the meet and greet. I also wanted him to leave so I could have Laney by myself for awhile.

-

Laney's POV

-

We arrived at the venue and were stuck in the dressing room while they rehearsed. Carly was with Matt and I, and it was honestly too awkward.

"So Carly, you and Wesley are dating?" I asked leisurely. Matt rolled his eyes at me scoffing jokingly.

"Yeah, you could say that. We're kind've friends with benefits if you ask me," she giggled stupidly. It was so fake I fake gagged towards Matt, causing him to laugh.