The Grey Eyes

"Honey! I'm home!" An excited voice called for you from the entrance to your two-floors apartment.

You didn't reply, too focused on your work to greet your fiancé properly.

"(Y/N)?" He called again, voice slightly less enthused as he realized there was a slight chance that you weren't home yet.

"Right here!" You replied, still too focused on the book you were reading to leave your small leisure room.

"Come downstairs!" He yelled, previous sweetness no longer coating his now demanding tone.

Oh god.

Knowing better than to disobey, you dropped your pen and hurried to go downstairs. At times you got so consumed by your hobbies that you forgot how your relationship with Cracker worked.

"I have your anniversary present." He smiled, a loud and seemingly angry growl sounding right after your partner spoke.

OH GOD.

"What?" You squealed, quickly descending the stairs and looking for your fiancé. "Oh my god is that a dog?" You asked excitedly as you furiously searched around your apartment, still not finding your purple haired partner.

"Right here." He purred, hugging you from behind and kissing your neck, causing a small uncomfortable shiver to run down your spine.

Ignoring the feeling of displeasure that his kiss had inflicted on you, you turned around, finding a large black dog with frigid eyes staring right into your soul.

Right then and there, your life and destiny were changed for eternity. If anyone had told you at the moment that what you thought was going to be the rest of your life would no longer be, you would've broken down in thankful tears. That dog, whom seemed to be a little annoying grump, ended up being your savior. The one to pull you away from the slavery you had for a life.

"A dog." You whispered, mesmerized by the creature's beauty.

Although he seemed grumpy, the minute your eyes connected with his, his posture softened instantly. His eyes became brighter, his legs no longer made him stand in a defensive position and he somehow found himself inching his way closer to you, tugging at the stupid leash the purple haired man had put on his neck in attempts to be set free.

Now, let's rewind a little.

This wasn't exactly a dog, and Cracker wasn't exactly the love of your life, but things went the way they went.

The dog, whom had been referred to as Fluffy -a stupid name from a stupid creature, the ''dog' mentally mumbled to himself- was unlucky enough to have been caught last night and taken to a filthy little shelter in the middle of the city. Hours into the morning after that night, he was adopted. Now, he cursed himself for being dumb enough to get lost in the middle of the city looking like some raggedy dog.

This were the consequences to his idiocy.

On the other hand, you, who lived the most boring life ever, were the victim of a sick game of your parents of an arranged marriage. An arranged life. Every decision about your future and legal state had been taken by your crazy parents, the couple threatening you that they would kill themselves if you were ever to try something to wrong them. This had messed your mind up since you were a baby, your innocence and initiative having been brain washed by your parents' verbal manipulations and abuse.

In your mind, you lived the life they chose and it was the only way for you to be "happy". You weren't happy, but you were scared to even think about trying to change the things in your life. Scared to be responsible of your parents' suicide.