New Roommate

SNORE

You laid on the couch, staring at the ceiling in silence. There were no thoughts in your mind except for-

SNORE

That's right. Your new dog's incredibly loud snores.

"Shut up Fluff." You mumbled in annoyance, nudging the dog, whom had nuzzled himself to your side, in attempts to wake him up. It didn't work at all. Apparently, he was a very heavy sleeper.

He kept snoring away.

"C'mon Fluff!" You groaned, moving your exhausted body and rolling him over.

Not measuring your movements properly, the animal fell down the couch onto the ground, his heavy body hitting your carpet with a very loud thud.

"Oh my god!" You squeaked, immediately regretting your actions.

The dog shook himself, absolutely confused as to where the hell he was and why the hell was his side hurting. Looking around, he found your worried looking face and remembered he had fallen asleep beside you.

"I'm sorry!" You said, extending your hands out to pet your new companion.

Clearly you had thrown him off the couch, he realized.

Scoffing grumpily, the wolf couldn't help himself but proudly get back on the couch, resting it's head on top of your lap and sighing as he felt your hands caressing his fur. This was the life he deserved. He was a proud man, but not proud enough to reject your pettings after being thrown off a couch by yourself.

"I'm so sorry~" You baby talked to the animal, your heart lighting up on fire at the dog's closeness.

He seemed like a grump at first, and he still was one to Cracker, but, for a reason you still couldn't understand, he had taken a liking for you and it made you feel amazing.

As you cooed at your new fuzzy pet, Cracker stared at the two of you with jealousy. This wasn't what he planned. At all. He just wanted to get you a dog so that you'd be all over him, not over some dirty and funny smelling animal.

Of course, Cracker had no idea that you weren't able to feel his actual bad scent, your lungs and senses being overwhelmed by his much more powerful forest-like smell.

"Would you stop it with that filthy dog?" He growled, throwing the book he was reading to the side table and crossing his arms on top of his large chest. His eyes were poking holes through your skull.

Zoro opened an eye, the dog feeling alarmed and defensive at the aggressiveness from the man you lived with. He didn't like that kind of energy being channeled towards you. You were his mate and he was going to protect you as such, specially against other men that thought they could walk all over you.

"Sorry." You replied to your partner in a soft, intimidated voice as you scooched away from the dog.

Huh?

Zoro couldn't believe your apparent calmness, knowing that, deep inside your heart, you were hurting. He couldn't believe why this man hurt you and he had yet to find out why it was that you were Cracker's girlfriend or whatever. Besides, he needed to find a way to take you away with him, but that was a much tougher mission that he couldn't get himself to think about just yet.

"Go wash your hands." He grumbled, the words echoing inside Zoro's head and making him stand up defensively, a small yet intimidating growl leaving his throat before he even had time to stop himself.

"Yes, Dear." You said submissively, patting Fluff's head to calm him down and heading to the bathroom.

Sneezing angrily, Zoro sat back down, the small pat on his head making it clear to him that you weren't a fan of confrontation. The wolfish side to him didn't allow him to go against your wishes, he knew that very well. Although he respected that from you, it made his body itch. His jaw itched to be on the man's neck, ripping the flesh apart and giving the guy who treated you so indecently what he deserved.