Zoro, not Fluff

Zoro gave the energy of a pitiful stray dog as he entered the kitchen. After seeing that you and Nami began talking about nonsense girl stuff, he realized you were going to be in there for a longer time than he expected. Given that the topics you were now talking about were of no interest for him, there was no point in snooping on the two of you anymore, so he decided to clear his head with the rest of the pack. It didn't really work, though. Instead, he just laid his head on the table as the pack looked at him with pity and slight amusement. He really looked like an abandoned dog.

"It'll be fine." Franky said in support. "Soulmates will always find their way back to each other. That's why they are soulmates."

Zoro groaned, not able to word a proper response. He was heartbroken after hearing the way you talked about him.

He had been an idiot.

"You're so dramatic." Luffy rolled his eyes.

Of course, Zoro didn't expect him to understand.

"She seems smart, she'll figure things out. Plus, she already loves you." He stated it so confidently obvious that everyone in the table turned their heads to look at their chief. "You're so dramatic." He repeated, not making an effort to elaborate.

Everyone laughed quietly as they saw Zoro sulk further down into the table. They had never seen the strong and reserved man looking so ridiculously sad that they couldn't help but be amused at the juxtaposition between his present self and his past self.

"I'm glad you're back, Zoro." Chopper said as he tugged on his pants at the height of his shins. He was a tiny tiny little thing when standing next to Zoro. "I was worried you were lost and would never come back."

"I thought you had been turned into a skinless monster by a witch." Robin said calmly and with an innocent smile.

Everyone felt a shiver run down their spine. She had a way of turning a perfectly normal conversation into the creepiest thing.

"Robin!" Usopp said, face blue in fear. "You can't say things like that!"

Zoro tuned out the conversation, his mind going back to you. Everything was so peaceful when he was just a dog in your care. You were so sweet and caring and when he turned human and was able to interact with you, skin to skin, he felt like he had reached heaven and then fallen back to a love-less hell. Was he ever going to get you to love him back the way you had loved Fluff? It broke his heart to remember the way you talked to him, the warmth you gave off when it was just the two of you and how you had bathed him in kisses and smooches.

That had been an illusion, though. He shouldn't remember those times so fondly. After all, he had lied to you. He had tricked you, and he had violated you.

Everything sucked.

Then, he felt the warmth fill his chest back. He could feel you, smell you and hear you coming back with Nami. She was going to introduce you to everyone.

Suddenly, his palms began sweating, heart beating faster and faster as he panicked over the situation.

"Hey." Sanji finally said, putting a calming hand on his nemesis' shoulder. "You'll be alright."

Moments in which Sanji interacted with Zoro without them trying to murder each other were scarce, but they existed. This was one of them.

"Hey guys!" Nami said cheerfully as she entered the room, your smaller frame shyly walking behind her.

Zoro stared at you, his gaze piercing you and making it extremely hard for you not to look at him.