The Pack

The room was tense, eyes filled with worry as they all converged on you.

"I feel like Cracker's planning something that will strike us directly." Zoro concluded. He had explained to everyone, sparing no detail, what had happened since you arrived in regards of what the Royal did. This was the strange initial taunting as you felt like you were watched and how it had evolved into him making you feel like you had been touched in bed and finally how he had made you see and interact with a fake Nami. It was terrifying.

In the entire time, Luffy hadn't said a word, his eyes fixated on you. It contrasted against his usual cheerful personality and it sent you in a whole new level of uncomfortable. You definitely felt the weight of his eyes on your whole body, scared to move even a decimal of a centimeter.

"So he's been messing with (Y/N)? How did we not feel him getting into the territory?" Usopp asked with worry.

Luffy's face looked somber, eyes studying your scared and anxious face.

"He hasn't come inside." Robin explained. "Royals have a kilometrically long range of attack. He could easily be doing this from the Charlotte's mansion." As always, she was precisely right.

The Charlotte's mansion was even further away from the forest than your own apartment, it being famously known for being built at the top of a hill, away from the city. Still, it was neither too close nor too far from the city, dominantly staring down on everyone's heads.

"(Y/N)." Luffy called, everyone's eyes turning to their leader. "Tell me, what do you think about this all?" His eyes bore into you and you could feel Zoro tense. He had nothing but the utmost respect for his captain and felt torn between wanting to protect you from Luffy's questioning and respecting his leader. Of course, he chose the latter.

You could feel your heart beating strongly behind your ribcage, voice almost caught in your throat.

"Do you want us to protect you or will you run away?" He continued.

"I..." You couldn't muster up the courage to speak the truth, feeling selfish for wanting them to keep you safe and away from your ex.

"Luffy!" Nami reprimanded him, Zoro shooting her a 'don't intervene" kind of glare. She refrained from saying anything else.

"We have been together for years, but you've only just joined us last week." His voice was serious and you were scared to hear what he was going to say. "Are you worth us risking our pack?"

You knew you weren't important enough for them to go through all this trouble, but it still hurt when said like that by the leader. Honestly, what stopped them from calling it quits and giving you back to the Chimera?

"Why should we protect you? What do you have to offer to us?"

Your heart dropped and everyone shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

"Maybe I should answer-" Zoro couldn't hold back anymore. He hated how uncomfortable and unwelcome Luffy was making you feel.

"Shut up, Zoro." Luffy ordered sternly.

The room was engulfed by a tense silence, the wolves looking down to their laps uncomfortably as they knew exactly what their captain was doing.

"Why should you save me?" You repeated the question, finally speaking up as your eyes connected to the leader's. "You're right. I'm not part of the pack, I'm not a wolf. I'm nothing to you." It hurt to say this as you had actually grown quite fond of everyone. You had goofed around with Luffy, studied with Robin, learned to build and create with Usopp, Chopper and Franky, shared tea time with Jinbei and Brook, cooked and cleaned with Sanji. You had truly bonded with each and every one of them as they added to your knowledge of the world, so having the leader question your presence and relevance hurt. You did understand however that in the hierarchy of the crew, you were nobody. You had only been here for a week.