A Familiar Face

Nami took a deep breath, ignoring the penetrating glare Zoro was giving her from the back as she opened the door to you, closing it quickly behind her back. As soon as her eyes adjusted to the darker lit room, they met yours. They were large and glowed with worry and confusion, but, as you saw Nami's familiar face, they recovered a slight sparkle.

There finally was someone or something you could understand and, although you couldn't really see what she was doing here nor how she was connected to this, you were just happy to see her.

"Nami." You said, voice shaky and unconfident. "What is going on?" Your voice became barely understandable as a huge knot blocked your throat.

You were crying. Again.

Damnit!

Nami couldn't stop the worried frown from forming on her face, her heart and face softening in comparison to how sharp she had been not more than minutes ago, but she couldn't keep her composure for much longer. She was a very empathic woman, and she was especially weak whenever she was faced to situations in which people suffered over not having the freedom to choose their destiny.

She broke crying together with you.

You were both pathetic.

"I'm sorry." She sniffled. "I hate this." Nami continued. "I promise you, (Y/N), I was going to tell you the truth, but-" She stopped, feeling as if apologies didn't really matter anymore. Cleaning her tears and regaining her composure as she sat down with you in bed, holding your hands comfortingly, she realized what she should have done ever since she saw Cracker wasn't human. What really mattered.

Nami had to make you feel safe and human again. The conditions Zoro was holding you in felt dehumanizing, as if you were in captivity.

Nami didn't hold back any single piece of information as she began to explain everything that had happened since she met you.

"I am a werewolf, (Y/N). Zoro is one too, and Cracker is part werewolf together with other species." She said clearly.

Even though Nami said this so confidently and clearly, you felt the world around you collapse. This was the final confirmation you needed to hear to understand what was going on in your life, and it shattered your reality.

Everything else Nami tried to explain to you felt like senseless blabbering. You couldn't hear her clearly as your mind disconnected from reality and you tried to find a solution to all of this, to connect the dots.

Well, it was now evident and quite obvious that you were surrounded by supernatural beings. You had seen Zoro morph into some scary beast-like creature at your apartment and then into a wolf. Having had him in your apartment in the shape of a dog, you assumed there were already at least four forms he could take: human, dog, wolf and whatever that mutant thing was when he was fighting Cracker.

So, clearly a werewolf kind of being.

Nami claimed to be one as well, and, honestly, in the midst of this riddling mess, you easily believed her.

Somehow, and contrary to how you felt towards Zoro, you knew you could trust Nami to tell you the truth. You also remembered the interaction you had had with her at the park. That day she seemed different. In a way, you perceived her to be braver and closer to you. Like she respected you enough to tell you something important, and then she turned out to tell you an obvious fact that you knew wouldn't have her calling you to the park to talk alone.

That's it!

That day, she had tried to tell you who she was, but once Zoro came into the scene she backed away.