Bond

You curled up in the sheets, body shaking softly and your teeth biting on the inside of your cheeks to avoid crying in front of him.

You felt dirty, worthless.

He sighed in satisfaction, finished dressing up and left the room.

"I'll be back tomorrow." He grunted, closing the door behind himself as he walked out of your sight.

You waited, listening attentively to the sign that he had exited the unit. A minute later, the front door was closed. You were finally alone.

Tears flowed freely down your cheeks, lips quivering sadly as you pressed your face against the pillow in frustration. Still, as much as your life could suck, you weren't going to stand up for yourself. You didn't even consider it as a possibility. You were absolutely lost.

Zoro felt your pain through his chest, the poor creature having to presence your activities with another man in the front row seat. He was burning in rage, but that couldn't even compare to how terrible he felt the pain that you were going through. He wanted to go curl up with you and comfort you.

Glad that the purple haired man had left, Zoro got on his hind legs and pawed his way through the terrace door, finally managing to open it up after a couple of minutes of fiddling with the apparatus.

Trotting up the stairs, he found the door to your room. It was closed. He mentally cursed, once again getting on his hind legs and awkwardly fumbling with the doorknob. The closer he made his way to you, the warmer he felt. It was a comforting warmth he didn't want to break away from, almost magical.

Again, a couple of minutes later, he managed to open the door up, revealing your small crying frame. You were naked, vulnerable and barely covered by the white sheets.

Zoro didn't care. Nakedness wasn't a big deal to animals at all.

He jumped on the bed gently, his snout searching your face and poking at your hands.

"Fluff?" You asked in surprise, voice strained and wobbly from the crying.

Zoro sighed, taking in a deep breath and plopping his body on top of yours. You smelled amazing, the traces of the other man nowhere to be found. He was glad for that. He wasn't so glad though for what had just happened. It hurt too much. Everything about this situation hurt him.

Seeing you have a weak will and an even weaker self esteem made him feel upset and uncomfortable. He always imagined his mate to be fierce, strong and brave. From what he had seen, you showed the opposite of that. Your true personality had been nudged to the back of your soul, hidden behind the obedient persona your parents molded you into. Although you hadn't necessarily filled in with his expectations, he had to admit he liked this even more. He could see you were kind and caring, and he liked the idea of getting to be the one to save you from whatever fucked up situation you were in.

He needed more information though. He needed to figure out who you were in this life.

"How did you get here?" You mumbled drowsily, snuggling to your fury little pet.

He made some dog noises, once again, forgetting he couldn't speak.

You chuckled at him, petting him softly and finally relaxing. He made you feel safe, as if he was there to protect you, and it was an amazing feeling. You hadn't ever felt that energy from anyone else -that they cared- and it was worrying. Not because you hadn't felt it before, but because you didn't want it to go away.

Clearly your fiancé, even if he was the man that decided to adopt the animal, hadn't taken a liking for your new companion and that could mean that he wanted to potentially get rid of him. Get rid of the creature that in less than a day had won your heart and made you feel a different way that anyone had ever made you feel before. It made no sense to you, after all, he was the one to pick the dog up and take him into your home.