Night Encounter

After updating each other a little more -Zoro on his plans and on what had led him outside the forest for a week and Nami on how everything was going and how everyone had been worried about him- they parted ways. Nami had to go back to the forest and Zoro needed to head back home before you woke up and noticed his absence.

He was left with a bitter taste in his mouth. He could feel how things wouldn't go as flawlessly as he wanted them to. Although Nami's theory on Cracker being an untrained and maybe even an unknowing Chimera (which meant that there was a chance of Cracker having no idea that he was a supernatural creature) made the most sense, there was something inside him, a strong hunch, that told him that wasn't the truth. That told him that wasn't exactly what was going on nor why Cracker had 'adopted' him. He felt like Cracker was doing this for something. He knew there must have been a benefit to Cracker by bringing him to your side, but he had no idea which.

With those thoughts clouding his mind, he forgot to shift back into a dog. He forgot to shift into the one and only shape humans wouldn't have a negative reaction to. Instead, he walked through the lighted streets absolutely naked as he worked and worked his slow brain into coming up with a solution to this, with an answer to his question.

He managed to remain unnoticed for the whole walk home, no cameras picking up on his frame wandering the streets and no people seeing him in the streets. It was as if he was a ghost, but the luck had to end. After all, the world needs balance. If you're very lucky for a minute, the next one will be the exact opposite.

And the exact opposite it was.

As Zoro arrived to the top of the building, right in front of your door, he still couldn't get the dark mist of thoughts that were jumbled inside his brain.

It so happened that you had woken up a couple of minutes ago, your body missing the comforting warmth of your dog. Confused about your pet's absence, you decided to search your apartment. Cracker hadn't arrived yet and you could feel your heartbeat growing faster and faster at the idea that you had lost your dog.

"How could he have left!" You whimpered to yourself as you put on your silk dressing gown and headed to the door.

You checked every single exit before going to bed and had made sure that they were locked shut. It made no sense. Fluff shouldn't have been able to break away from the advanced human locks.

Nervous from the fact that your pet hadn't even managed to last two days in your ownership, and a little dazed from the fact that your soulmate had abandoned you -a thing you weren't yet aware of- you opened the front door, decidedly and arming yourself with courage to roam through the streets at night in search of your oh so dear pet. What you didn't expect, though, was to find yourself no more than a meter away from a large, strong and muscular man.

Two pairs of eyes connected immediately, your previously worried and aching heart now calming down in an instant, as if those icy grey eyes had brought your soul back to ease.

Strangely, you weren't confused by the absolute lack of clothes in the man in front of you. Your focus went to a different thing. Your focus went to a feeling in your stomach and your chest, because, weirdly -you thought- you were convinced that you had seen this person before. You just couldn't figure out from where.

"Hi." You said confusedly. "A-are you new in the building?" You asked with a blush, the man's gaze strong and powerful upon your own. He didn't say a word, and as your eyes took his body and face in, you realized you were in front of the most handsome and beautiful man you had ever seen.

He didn't reply, so you explained yourself.

"This floor is reserved for the Charlotte's." You smiled apologetically. "Maybe I can help you find your flat?"