🤎| Chapter - Thirty Four|🤎

At 10:30 Pm. Naina was sitting on the bed with earphones plugged in her soft ears. She placed the laptop comfortably on her lap, and typed something on the screen before commencing the meeting. She looked at her husband with a benevolent smile, and He gave assurance through his misty eyes that She shouldn't bother herself because of him.

She anxiously rubbed her sweaty palms together, and Sameer sat down beside her to provide her comfort and confidence. Mr.George and his team appeared on the screen with a professional visage, and Naina greeted them in a respectful tone - "Hello...Good Morning Sir."

"Good Morning Miss.Naina...how are you doing?" Mr.George asked her in a soft voice.

Sameer looked at his wife in utmost confusion as Why did Mr.George use Miss word? He should have said Mrs.Naina...isn't it?

"Yes I am absolutely fine...how are you?" She asked him politely.

"I am fine too...let's begin with the discussion now." He said in a calm tone, and Naina nodded her head in yes.

"So...how much work is completed? and how many days will it take you to accomplish this project? As far as I know Miss.Naina it has been a couple of months since you are working on the designs." Mr.George questioned her in a stern voice, and Naina gave a nervous look to the old man sitting in front of her on the screen.

"Yes Sir, I know...and I am really sorry for inconvenience, actually i was packed up with a few important personal work...and employees were given holidays for Indian festivals, so I kept the project on hold for a while...but we are working on it again and if God wills we will complete this project by the end of month." Naina answered him in a professional tone, and Mr.George shook his head in disagreement.

"You have to be professional Naina, no personal work can be more important than this project...You know I have invested a whopping amount of money in your company because I came across a lot of good reviews about your work and punctuality, but sadly...You have disappointed me, I was hoping to hear good news from you, but alas...you are occupied in solving your personal life issues." Mr.George expressed his despondency towards her unprofessional behaviour, and Naina dug her nails into her thighs in anxiety.

"I am really sorry Sir, I promise I will make sure to wrap up this project as soon as possible...and this mistake won't be repeated by our side." She replied to him after a minute of silence, and He hummed in response.

"Alright...though I don't believe you anymore." He said in a terse tone.

"Anyway, let's move forward...and discuss trending designs in the market." Mr.George adjusted his navy blue blazer, and Naina immediately nodded her head in agreement.

Sameer stood up, knowing that his wife doesn't need his help in this matter. He made a call to his mother, and massaged his forehead in annoyance. He looked back at Naina, and her animated actions gave a soft smile to his lips.

"Assalam Alaikum Ammi...kaisi hai aap?" He asked his mother as soon as the call was activated.

"Walaikum Assalam mere shehzade...Allah ki rehmat se main aur baki sab bahut ache hai, tum apna haal batao? Meri bahu kya kar rahi hai?" Nazneen asked her son with a sweet smile, and Sameer licked his dry lips in anxiety, and said - "Uski zaroori meeting chal rahi hai filhal."

"Meeting? Usne toh holidays liye the na?" She reacted a little shockingly.

"Haan, par achanak se use mail aaya subah ki raat ko uski meeting hai." Sameer answered her in a low voice, and Nazneen felt bad for her son.