Part 52

"What are you doing back here, you little bitch?"

My heart drops into my stomach. This is not how the plan was supposed to go. I don't look innocent, so I definately can't play it that way. I guess there's only one way to go.

"Would you believe I was looking for you," I chuckle jokingly.

Rose has confusion plastered across her face. "Me," she asks, almost as though she believed me.

"Yeah, you," I smile, sliding back into the room. Not before sending a signal, though. I flick my fingers out of the window, an attempt to tell Sarah that trouble is in my way. I begin walking towards Rose. "I was wondering what plastic surgeon you go to. I noticed your new nose job, and I was thinking of getting myself one, as well."

"Oh, cut the crap, Briana," she snarls. "What are you here for?"

"Oh, I," I stutter. "Uh, dementia?"

Rose scurries to me and reaches for my arm. Her grip tight, she begins to pull me towards the door. "Fine," she huffs. "You can tell Ward why you're here, then."

I scoff, "I don't think so, bitch!"

I use my other hand to grab at her hair. Pulling it backwards causes her to lose her hold on my wrist. She looks at me in disgust, holding her head. Then, she winds her shoulder back. I know what's coming. As she throws the punch, I duck, swinging my leg underneath her. I kick her in the shins, making her lose her balance and fall to the floor.

"Brie," a voice shouts from the door. "What the hell?"

I look up at Rafe, standing in disbelief at the door. This can't end well now that Rafe is involved. I hurry to my feet.

"Rafe," I breathe.

He snarls, "Don't move."

I can't help but smirk. Everyone should know by now that I don't follow orders. I race to the window and fling my legs out. I turn to see Rafe running towards me. Quickly, I jump out and land on the roof. I face the window with an angry boy hanging out of it.

"You won't get very far," he tells me.

I squint at him. "Is that a bet?"

Before he can answer, I slide off of the roof and begin running to the back of the house.

~

I stop to catch my breath. I ran around the entire mansion, and I'm just behind the front corner. I lean on my knees, begging my lungs to take the air. Then, I look up. A smile spreads across my face.