Part 40

⚠️ ⚠️ BLOOD / MENTIONS OF MISCARRIAGE ⚠️ ⚠️

Two shots go off.

Everyone freezes in their places. They all glance between each other, searching for bullet wounds. Kie and I watch each other. Then, she looks down.

"Brie," her voice sounds shakily.

I slowly lower my eyes. Sticky, red liquid begins to soak my shirt. I reach my hand down, gently dabbing at the blood. As I lift my hand up, I notice my fingers, dyed red, shaking. I slowly turn my eyes to JJ, who watches me in complete fear.

"I'm shot," I mutter.

Instantly, Rafe and Barry speed past me to the Twinkie. I can't even bring myself to take my eyes off of JJ. He hasn't moved an inch, besides the constant shaking of his body. Kie and John B hurry to my side, with Pope and Sarah following close behind. They keep asking if I'm okay, but my focus is on the blonde a few feet away.

I know he's thinking what I'm thinking. I was shot in the stomach. Jack may not survive. However, I push that thought to the back of my mind. If my son can live through his grandmother beating the absolute shit out of me, maybe he can live through a gun wound.

But I was shot twice, which means double the chances of losing my baby. The group doesn't even notice Rafe and Barry sprinting past us, duffel bags in hand. They got all of the money. Again.

"Guys," I shake. "The Hathoway cash."

"It's okay, B," John B says. "We'll get that back. Focus on yourself and Jack."

I nod, holding my whimpers in.

"What do we do," Pope shrieks.

"We need to get her to a doctor," Sarah exclaims.

"Okay, let's get her in the van," John B tells everyone. They talk as if I'm not right in front of them. He turns to my boyfriend, still frozen. "J, a little help?"

JJ snaps out of it, nodding. He hurries to my side, wrapping an arm around my waist. John B shuffles to the other side. I place my arms over each of their shoulders, and limp to the Twinkie. The boys seat me in the back. I watch silently as the blood runs down my swollen belly.

John B throws the keys to Kie as he and JJ sit next to me. Sarah climbs into the back to help. Pope hops into the passenger seat. Kie slams the keys into the ignition, and pulls away.

"Guys, where am I going," Kie shouts over the chaos.

"Go to Ricky's," JJ screams. "Go to Ricky's! The other way, Kie!"