A little Suspect

Diamond

"You need to stay out of mess," advised Heiress.

"I love to dance but you know I'll whoop a bitch ass," Daphne replied.

"Didn't you learn from our crab year in '18?"

"What happened in '18?" asked Mira.

"She got to fighting with some hoes from
West Chester at a game and had to sit out the rest of the season," Kameron spilled.

"WITH HER UNIFORM ON," clarified Jordyn.

"Bitch was I supposed to change clothes while they ran up?" Daphne blew, "Why y'all telling my busi-y'all know what it's okay though! I'm not ashamed 'cause one thing about it, Imma make cuts and Imma fight. It's that simple. Hell it was only three games left anyway."

Not only has she never been cut from a game, she has never lost a fight either. Just looking at her I knew she had hands of steel.

Heiress sighed, "Look, you did good last season EVEN THOUGH you came close to some bs."

"Y'all can thank counseling. I had anger issues then, well I might still," she admitted.

"Just try to keep away from drama..you were Chyna's problem child, please don't be mine." Heiress rolled her eyes.

Chyna was the most recent two year Captain, before Heiress. I only knew that because a couple nights before I made the team, I was watching YouTube videos from past years. Heiress, Daphne, Kameron, Nakoia, Nyvia, Alorie, Courtney, and Jordyn were Chyna's babies, just like Mira, CoCo, Brandy and I are Heiress' babies. I can't remember who Camille and Travia crabbed under...any who It's kinda like a play on the idea that the captain raises her new girls, then the next captain, and so forth.

Daphne laughed, "Chyna played favorites, we all know that. I'll be good I promise."

Every old head looked doubtful of her quick submission and left it at that. They've been going in circles with her for the past twenty minutes.

It's Saturday morning, all of the girls are in our dressing room getting ready to take our team pictures and shoot our reveal video. They seem very popular among dance teams. It's about seven-thirty a.m. and I'm still barely functioning. We've been here since five going over the routine for the video and getting lashes, nails, brows, you name it, done. The dolls don't normally wear their hair the same for games and such, so Taylor had the idea for us to wear these high ponytail braids for some uniformity. It's not really my go to style, I always keep my hair blown out and pressed or in twists typically. A couple of them know how to do hair so, they've been taking turns putting them in. Amber did mine last night and I feel like my fucking eyebrows are touching the crown of my head it's so tight, but...it is cute. Maybe I'm just not use to having my hair up as often.

I was in the vanity where Camille was fixing up my baby hair.

"How's the nose?" She asked examining my face.

"It's fine, just a little sore." The tip of my nose seemed to become more bruised as the days went on after being grazed. I don't know if I'm just transparent as hell or if I was hit harder than I thought. Icing it has helped, but it can just barely be seen through the concealer.

She nodded and misted holding spray over my hair with her palm shielding my forehead. I thanked her and she moved on to get herself together.

While my hair was getting done I stared blankly into the mirror the entire time, into my eyes. I couldn't help but think about what had happened this past Thursday. I was trying to act tough in the moment, but in actuality I didn't know what this guy was gonna do. I'm a nervous wreck. I've always had a bad habit of getting myself into unwanted trouble and struggling to get out of it. Technically the situation is my fault, but you can only stretch a rubber band so far until it pops.
I couldn't make out a face through his helmet and part of me was thankful. The tone in his voice was enough to let me know that I had made this person quite upset. As soon as I got to the band room, everyone had already known and it hadn't even been five minutes. I was hearing things like,